do you think 3500 is a fair price

• Yes

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear that you're sick. That always sucks. With only 22k mile on that car I still say fix it and drive it. It probably will need some work from sitting for all those years but all of the "hard" parts (engine, transmission, suspension, differential) should last a while. G Bodies ride and drive pretty good. So much smoother than the Corolla.

Technically the Corolla would run if you put a starter and a radiator on it but if you wanna drive it you're gonna have to put on a spindle, rotors, brake pads, headlights, parking lights and a hood. It'd be easier and cheaper to fix the brakes on the Regal.

Oh, I apologize for hijacking your thread with our nonsense. If you want us to stop, just say so.
nah its fine i dont really care, but yea if the guy decides not to get it id be fine to do it myself, once i get those dang brake cylinders in the rear hopefully i can just do the lines. after messing around with the lines so much im actually pretty good with them, i just gotta learn how to put in brake cylinders. and if this guy dosnt contact me saying he has his mechanic to look within the next week im just going to work on the car myself. i figured its better to work on this car when im not working, and not be able to do anything on it, than just sit here watching yt videos thinking "**** i wish i wouldve went to work on that regal"

nah its fine i dont really care, but yea if the guy decides not to get it id be fine to do it myself, once i get those dang brake cylinders in the rear hopefully i can just do the lines. after messing around with the lines so much im actually pretty good with them, i just gotta learn how to put in brake cylinders. and if this guy dosnt contact me saying he has his mechanic to look within the next week im just going to work on the car myself. i figured its better to work on this car when im not working, and not be able to do anything on it, than just sit here watching yt videos thinking "**** i wish i wouldve went to work on that regal"

Experience is the best teacher and I still think that if you get to drive the car you'll like it.

Experience is the best teacher and I still think that if you get to drive the car you'll like it.
that is true, i havn't been taught a thing besides what you guys on this forum tell me, everyone that could have helped me is either crippled or dead from asbestos. also can you get a car registered if they title owner isn't there? like i said my grandpa cannot walk, the only times he has left the house in the past few years was like 2 times on christmas. EDIT i cant drive it on the street either because the police department is directly across of the road.

that is true, i havn't been taught a thing besides what you guys on this forum tell me, everyone that could have helped me is either crippled or dead from asbestos. also can you get a car registered if they title owner isn't there? like i said my grandpa cannot walk, the only times he has left the house in the past few years was like 2 times on christmas. EDIT i cant drive it on the street either because the police department is directly across of the road.

is there a quick way to put in the brake cylinder? do i have to take apart the whole brake drum just to change it?

It'll probably depend on how things are where you live about registering the car. I've registered cars in my parents name before in KY. You gotta have proof of insurance to register any car here.

You're gonna have to remove the drum and most likely the shoes and hardware to get the wheel cylinders on. I think I may have finagled one in before without completely removing the shoes and hardware but it's easier with everything out of the way. Drum brakes kind of suck to work on but if you take your time and have patience you can do it.

• Agree
Reactions: Injectedcutty
It'll probably depend on how things are where you live about registering the car. I've registered cars in my parents name before in KY. You gotta have proof of insurance to register any car here.

You're gonna have to remove the drum and most likely the shoes and hardware to get the wheel cylinders on. I think I may have finagled one in before without completely removing the shoes and hardware but it's easier with everything out of the way. Drum brakes kind of suck to work on but if you take your time and have patience you can do it.
Alright thanks for the good advice, I wonder why cars are still using drums to this day. also with my new caliper I am spinning the bolts and they aren't coming out, I can't install it because I don't know why these dang bolts won't come out

Alright thanks for the good advice, I wonder why cars are still using drums to this day. also with my new caliper I am spinning the bolts and they aren't coming out, I can't install it because I don't know why these dang bolts won't come out

Are you talking about the bolts that hold the caliper to the car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor