Need help bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

1980s

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 26, 2019
Check plug wires for proper assignment. No.1 on the cap points to the driver's side front plug which is no.1 plug. Firing order is 1, 8, 4, 3, 6, 5, 7, 2 in a clockwise rotation looking down on the cap. If you're not familiar with installing a fuel pump, it can be difficult because of the pump rod. The rod has to be pushed back toward the camshaft. To hold it while I install the pump, I temporarily replace on of the 3/8-16 bolts on the front of the block with a longer one to hold the rod. Don't forget to put the short bolt back into the block.
As suggested, check for fuel and spark. Use a timing light to check for spark and wire assignment. Check no.1 and no. 6 which are 180 degrees apart and on opposite sides of the cap. If no spark, also check for 12 bolts at thecsp with the ignition switch in the "run" position.

Austin Monte Carlo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 9, 2019
Okay sorry for late response been wrenching now I've put new spark plugs and fuel line shes starting and idling for like 4 min tops but that's it I want her to idle what could be the problem I've got this far can't give up

Austin Monte Carlo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 9, 2019
When you do get it started does it run on its own and then just dies or do you need to play with throttle to keep it from stalling
Runs on its own the dies I've tried keeping it from dieing by giving it gas but it doesn't help any

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor