Need help bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pc3

Master Mechanic
Nov 17, 2019
Free up the fuel line from carb have someone spin engine look for fuel comming out of fuel line...could be a bad fuel pump
If that doesn't work. Check your wire
It's getting fuel tho I've flooded it a couple times
Then do as said before find TDC on #1 and verify your wireing is correct. sh*t happens :) good luck.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but if you have a quadrajet make sure the filter is not in backwards

Reactions: 1 users

Bitterman

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2017
Could be the accelerator pump in the carb is bad. Not sure this would make the engine stall, but it might be possible. How long does the engine run and idle before it struggles and stalls?

Austin Monte Carlo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 9, 2019
Could be the accelerator pump in the carb is bad. Not sure this would make the engine stall, but it might be possible. How long does the engine run and idle before it struggles and stalls?
it'll idle all day if I want when I go to give it gas like if I'm taking off it kills it every time

Pc3

Master Mechanic
Nov 17, 2019
it'll idle all day if I want when I go to give it gas like if I'm taking off it kills it every time
Was thinking accelerator pump also . You mentioned you flooded it a couple of times.
Do you double check the wiring.

Let’s see you have fuel.
You have spark.
You have air
You changed plugs, wires.
I’m guess you did the wires and plugs to fix the stall.
The stall is still there!
process of elimination points to a bad carb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor