Need sunroof glass panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pontiacdaver

Greasemonkey
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Hello all,
I am in need of the glass panel for the sunroof on my 79 Grand Am, Looks to be GM # 20148484, which, as far as I can tell, fits up to the 1987 models. When the car came to me 2 1/2 years ago from MN it was fine, about a week later, it cracked. I am getting ready to do some work on the roof's mechanism, since I will be removing the glass, it would be smart to go ahead and replace it. Anyone have an extra one? Or know where I can get one?
Thanks, Dave

Pontiacdaver

Greasemonkey
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Wow, are they that rare? I'd consider a steel panel as well.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Could a glass shop make you a new one?

Pontiacdaver

Greasemonkey
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Thanks pontiacgp, I have contacted them. Texas82GP, I am waiting to hear back from the glass company we use at the dealership I work for.
Thanks for the responses guys!
-Dave

Reactions: 1 users

83hurst#1812

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 20, 2014
Spring,Tx
i have an 83 H/O with the CF5 Astroroof.....damn near everything for that roof is unobtainium...there are some sunroof motors around,,and gbodyparts and some other places have the repo seals,,,but as far as parts ,like the drive cables,rollers,etc,,etc No way...
I actually found a guy in Pa. that was parting out an astroroof Buick Regal,,,and i bought the whole damn sunroof assy from him,,all in one piece as removed from car. and,,,it actually still works...Shipping was expensive as all hell,,but at least i have at least one of everything if something goes wrong with mine.
Try and find one from a car being parted,,,Buicks ,Pontiac , Olds,,Cadillac,,same roof

Reactions: 1 users

Pontiacdaver

Greasemonkey
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
83hurst#1812, I know what you mean. I know where a steel roof Buick is (but the yard is closed, so it may be off the table) but I'd rather have a correct glass panel, since that is how my GA was built. I'll keep looking. Thanks for the input.
-Dave

Reactions: 1 user

83hurst#1812

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 20, 2014
Spring,Tx
You're welcome,,,,keep searching the web for part outs,,,,Watch the buick and caddy forums...You probably won't find one in your back yard,,but get the wallet out for shipping...I'll keep my eyes open for ya

Pontiacdaver

Greasemonkey
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
I appreciate that. I know they aren't exactly laying around everywhere, since they haven't made these body styles in 30 years.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'll admit, I had to look this up....."2 wrongs don't make a right . . . . . but 3 lefts do!"

:doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor