Never ending project

Status
Not open for further replies.

fig865

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 23, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I can't believe this thread sat dead for almost an entire year. And here it gets woken up with those sweet sounds. Very nice wagon man! I'm slowly making progress on mine but not nearly to the level of quality you did. I love the black on black look. I'm going a similar route. I'll try to keep updating my "Guss" thread because it's been mentioned a couple times in yours how inspiring it can be to see someone else making progress.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Wash that baby up, Brian.. :)
Looks and sounds good man. Have you been driving it? Your red interior looks sweet. Mine is sun baked.

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
WOW thanks for the comments guys, I've been busy this week. I spent way too much time on toys last week.

Jack, I have put a few miles on it. Its funny how many double takes this thing gets. Especially once they notice the idle. I need to crawl under it and reposition the exhaust, It rattles a bit since everything was disconnected.

This cam is making me think a bit of stall and some more gear would be real nice. 8)
It's a sickness I'm told :mrgreen:

AndrewMrChevy

Apprentice
Dec 4, 2011
Lima, Ohio
Score a set of 86-88 Monte Carlo or El Camino Sports mirrors and install them would be killer. If you can score them, a set of 92 Camaro power mirrors will bolt right in to factory manual mirrors and then use a 92 Caprice switch in the manual bezel and you can control both mirrors. I have the wiring diagram if you are interested.

Attachments

• Pic 245.JPG
    Pic 245.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 738
  • Pic 213.JPG
    Pic 213.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 719

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
Thanks Andrew! The info on the Camaro mirrors is new to me.

I have a set of Monte mirrors but need the elco gaskets to go with them. I didn't fill in the holes before painting the doors :x so I have been dreading fitting the new mirrors. I'm thinking the mounting position is slightly repositioned. I need to order the gaskets and find out for sure.

What do you do in Yongsan? I did a tour in Uijongbu (CRC) servicing/installing crypto all the way to the 38th parallel.
The sights and SMELLS of the open air markets can only be experienced, words are a waste of time :shock:

AndrewMrChevy

Apprentice
Dec 4, 2011
Lima, Ohio
I work for the Provost Marshal with the US Army. They sell the gaskets, EcKLZER's for 23.99, Part# 10-0728. Mirrors are mounted 6 1/2" from the front edge of the door. You will need to make your own Mirror bracing bracket for the back out of Door for support. I used a 92 Camaro wiring harness and then modified it to work in the Drivers door. Another option is to run a manual mirro for the RH and PWR only on the Drivers door. The gaskets will get you mounted and where to drill the holes. I do have the wiring diagram if you want and few pictures. Drop me an email and I can send you all the info if you want.

[email protected]

Attachments

• Pic 244.JPG
    Pic 244.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 686
  • Pic 245.JPG
    Pic 245.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 670
  • Pic 211.JPG
    Pic 211.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 665
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor