Never ending project

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
I have a set of iroc wheels for it. I need confirm the offset will work with the b-body spindles. Those spindles are wider than stock and I don't want them to stick out or rub. I am still putting the interior back together, when that is squared away, I will deal with the wheels. I might stick some torque thrusts on it if I can locate some used ones. If I use the z-28 or iroc wheels, they will be blasted and painted a semi stock silver of some sort.

Buford T. JuSStice

Master Mechanic
Aug 16, 2010
dirtywhiteboy said:
I have a set of iroc wheels for it. I need confirm the offset will work with the b-body spindles. Those spindles are wider than stock and I don't want them to stick out or rub. I am still putting the interior back together, when that is squared away, I will deal with the wheels. I might stick some torque thrusts on it if I can locate some used ones. If I use the z-28 or iroc wheels, they will be blasted and painted a semi stock silver of some sort.
Speaking of Silver... I'm just imagining your car painted Silver along the bottom, with a Red Stripe separating the black from the silver like Dale Earndhardt's car. Would look pretty sweet! (Just a thought of course!)

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
I finally ran out of reasons to put this job off-recover headliner and clean and dye the cargo area plastic

CIMG0427-1.jpg

CIMG0433-2.jpg

DSC_0435.jpg

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Looks great Brian!

I wish that I had re-covered my headliner instead of dyeing it before I put it in, but I couldn't bring myself to bother since it has to come back out anyways to weld up the roof-rack holes and fix the hail damage...

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
HAIL?!?

Oh yea, that is what happens in MN every time it tries to rain :rofl:
sorry I'm still a smart *ss :mrgreen:

Thanks Blake!

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Actually, it's from when the car spent it's first 25 years in Texas...
Apparently everything is bigger there... including the hail...

It has gotten snowed on a few times since it came up north though... :lol:

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
Blake442 said:
Actually, it's from when the car spent it's first 25 years in Texas...
Apparently everything is bigger there... including the hail...

my uncle bought an old isuzu trooper when it was new for half price, they had to mark all of them nearly half off because of the hail damage throughout the whole dealership.

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor