New from DFW, Texas area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crob84

n00b
Nov 19, 2017
Hello everyone, I’m from the DFW, TX area (Burleson) and recently picked up my roller 79 Malibu. My first car was an 80 malibu and typical kid when I turned 18 and had an income (military) I couldn’t get rid of it fast enough for a newer car. Probably the first of many many major mistakes in my life haha. So here I am at the age of 33 on my birthday this car kinda just fell into my lap and I’ve always told myself I would buy another and do a custom build. So I took the chance and bought it. I currently work for Railroad so I have no clue when Ill ever have time to work on it but its there to work on so I am excited. Ive done performance cars before (Evolution and STis) but I am definitely new to the hot rod/muscle custom scene and look forward to learning a lot. Also have done the forum thing with previously in my years doing custom truck scene and builds and meeting great friends in that community. Looking forward to meeting new and amazing people. I plan to start an official build thread when I can get to working on it and also have IG page created that I will be posting the car and build on if anyone cares to follow on that platform the ID is @crob79malibu Thank you for your time. E60D94A2-9832-4672-A6F2-70BFB8B505EA.jpeg
3EB9BE06-7C32-41B8-9114-0D8FAFED32B1.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Welcome Crob84; It's always great to see another Malibu (I'm bias). You will have some time to plan your mods by the sound of things. And that's good, think it through two or three different themes. Like do ya want a drag type car, a Auto-X runner or road course theme. I went with the Two Lane Black Top theme. Oh for a moment I for got the Big wheel guys, & the spark makers. Anyway plan, plan, plan, build & enjoy. Glad to have ya, Ole' Bob

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Welcome to the site from Houston. Let us know how we can help.

Crob84

n00b
Nov 19, 2017
Welcome Crob84; It's always great to see another Malibu (I'm bias). You will have some time to plan your mods by the sound of things. And that's good, think it through two or three different themes. Like do ya want a drag type car, a Auto-X runner or road course theme. I went with the Two Lane Black Top theme. Oh for a moment I for got the Big wheel guys, & the spark makers. Anyway plan, plan, plan, build & enjoy. Glad to have ya, Ole' Bob

Thanks yeah I’ll have lots of time to plan but I’ve been planning even before getting the car so I have a lot in my head, and as far as the build goes I’m thinking just a straight up custom street car. I don’t have any kind of set schedule so trying to build a sport specific car doesn’t really work for me but I would love to get in on a drag strip and see what it will do in the in. With that being said I’ve always had a thing for narrow rear ends with large wide wheels and I’ve always been a turbo guy som I’m thinking a twin turbo LS

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard.
Good to see another Malibu being saved. Keep us updated on your progress.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
Welcome from AZ. Good luck with your project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor