New G Body member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mat

n00b
Dec 4, 2009
Hey guys. I've gotten the itch lately to start searching for stuff for an 81 grand prix i have, so i figured i may as well join this forum. i'm a regular @ Carforums.net, and a lurker on Ls1tech, and i may lurk/post here every now and then, so yeah!

i suppose my G body roots started as a baby in a car seat in the back of not one, but TWO 78 Cutlass's, which were sold when i was young :( and i was very sad when my parents sold them. but then i started growing up in the back seat of an F body, so it was an okay trade off :p

Im an auto tech student @ NDSCS in North Dakota, and we have a pre-production Buick GNX that i stare at every day while im in shop and ive just gotten the G body ITCH as you might call it, so im looking into fixing up an 81 Grand Prix i acquired 2 years ago.

anyway,

YEAH! first post. woot.

lol.

mkiiisupra

Master Mechanic
Dec 28, 2008
Versailles, KY
Let me be the first to welcome you. Post some pictures up as soon as possible. Im sure the guys here would love to see them. And again, thanks for joining our forum. We also have a chat feature that a couple of us use every night around 7-11pm EST. So if youre on, jump in an say hi. Glad to have you.

Ratdoggy1

Greasemonkey
Sep 23, 2009
[330]O H I O
Welcome. Enjoy your stay!

Mat

n00b
Dec 4, 2009
hey thanks for the heads up on the chat guys, and for the warm welcome :)

heres a few pics.

heres where it began. olds cutlass. dad custom painted the car to match a car he saw in Hot Rod magizine at the time

100_1413.jpg

heres one of my car.
DSCF2397.jpg

and heres one of muh stude!

100_1473.jpg

and heres the pre production GNX that has resparked my want to finish the GP

1106081144.jpg

ill be sure to read up on the stickys and articles. i got a quote for a paint job from auto body on campus for 1300-1800.
now i just need to find interior parts :lol:

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
welcome

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard Mat.
Nice Firebird. I assume that's a picture of lil' Mat next to Dad's car. :lol:
Cool GNX. and the Studebaker Lark. Chevy small blocks bolt right into those cars...with the proper mounts, of course.
That's a cool project.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor