New guy from West Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluebird

n00b
Oct 5, 2015
Hello everyone!

I've been a member of the forum for a little over a year, but this is my first post. (for multiple reasons)

My father passed away in September of 2015 and i inherited his 1981 cutlass project. I joined the forums shortly thereafter because i wanted to get the ball rolling on finishing what my dad started. Shortly after that I realized it wasn't going to be financially possible any time soon so the car has been parked in my garage since then.

I'm finally ready (in the spring at least) to get the ball rolling on finishing this up! I joined the forums for some guidance, hopefully local and personal! and to source a few parts i might need.

Doors are the highest dollar part i currently need as the car sat outside in the grass for a awhile and the bottom of the doors have rusted pretty badly.

The car has been tubbed as well, but the brackets at the bottom of the coilovers don't allow the car to adjust high enough. I have the new brackets just need to find someone handy enough to weld them on.

The car:

This car was my dads baby for almost 25 years. I believe he purchased it around 1992. The car has a 454 in it and was recently tubbed. My father suffered from a few strokes so his reactions were a little slow and his left side a little week, this left him a little scared of the car, so he tried to keep it in a constant "project car" limbo. this meant that the car only accrued about 5000 miles in nearly 25 years.

I'll try to get some pictures up of the car in its current state.

I'm hoping i'll get some good advice and maybe even be able to meet up with some people close to me that can help me out with this project of mine!! There is nothing I want more this summer than to get this baby back on the road!

Thanks for reading my long winded post & God bless!!

-Ben

Dngrous

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 30, 2016
Definitely need pics... Welding is within my wheelhouse, I just need to buy another welder.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Hello everyone!

I've been a member of the forum for a little over a year, but this is my first post. (for multiple reasons)

My father passed away in September of 2015 and i inherited his 1981 cutlass project. I joined the forums shortly thereafter because i wanted to get the ball rolling on finishing what my dad started. Shortly after that I realized it wasn't going to be financially possible any time soon so the car has been parked in my garage since then.

I'm finally ready (in the spring at least) to get the ball rolling on finishing this up! I joined the forums for some guidance, hopefully local and personal! and to source a few parts i might need.

Doors are the highest dollar part i currently need as the car sat outside in the grass for a awhile and the bottom of the doors have rusted pretty badly.

The car has been tubbed as well, but the brackets at the bottom of the coilovers don't allow the car to adjust high enough. I have the new brackets just need to find someone handy enough to weld them on.

The car:

This car was my dads baby for almost 25 years. I believe he purchased it around 1992. The car has a 454 in it and was recently tubbed. My father suffered from a few strokes so his reactions were a little slow and his left side a little week, this left him a little scared of the car, so he tried to keep it in a constant "project car" limbo. this meant that the car only accrued about 5000 miles in nearly 25 years.

I'll try to get some pictures up of the car in its current state.

I'm hoping i'll get some good advice and maybe even be able to meet up with some people close to me that can help me out with this project of mine!! There is nothing I want more this summer than to get this baby back on the road!

Thanks for reading my long winded post & God bless!!

-Ben
Welcome to the site from Houston. I'm sorry for your loss. It's cool that you are picking up the torch. Looking forward to seeing pics. There are lots of good knowledgeable guys on here so don't hesitate to ask questions. There is probably a member on here who has those doors.

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
Welcome and sorry about your Dad.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Welcome from fellow Michigander - Sorry for your lost but happy you get to keep a part of him. Craigslist is a great place to start your door search they go for about $150 but some people are asking outrages prices. 81-87 Regal & Cutlass doors will fit. Unsure what your setup is but they have an adjustable lower bracket for the coil overs

DSCN0061.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor