New Here, 85 Regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKcustoms

n00b
Jun 29, 2011
Hi guys, I've been lurking here for a long time and I figured it was time to say Hi and post some pics of my Regal. I got it in 2010 for $250 (and I was only 13 at the time!) all work was done by me with the help of some friends and relatives. It started out as a V6 car with maroon paint and interior that had sat in 3 ft deep flood waters and I've spent the last 4 years getting it to where it is now. It's powered by a mostly stock 350/TH350 combo and I'm currently gathering parts for a Ford 9" rear end to replace the stock 10 bolt that's in it. Anyway I hope you guys like it! it's been a really fun project so far!

Good work! Looks sharp, especially considering it was a $250 flood derelict.

Initial thoughts:
"Holy F*** that's decent!"
Reminds me of mine; it's like a long-lost brother. 😛 Is that grille black and chrome or am I seeing it wrong? Either way it's a nice effect.

Thanks guys! Yes, the grill is black and chrome. Here's a better pic of it. (the white crap on it is sanding water from the sanding/buffing process)

Oh. When I saw it in the GBotM thread I thought it might have been from a bird, if you catch my drift. lol
I was too leery to buff my paint job. I only got one good solid coat on it and I don't wanna accidentally go through it and have primer showing.
Didn't see the flames in the first pic.

wow... damn nice regal...

Nice regal man, she looks MEAN. Looking at yer engine pic and wanted make a suggestion, don't wanna ruffle n e feathers. Ya should install a thicker filter. With the skinny one the top of the air cleaner is almost on top of the choke air-horn restricting airflow. My buddy's Camaro had the same filter, when it was changed it made a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor