New house

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
That hot tub setup is almost to a T how a friend of mine had his setup on his under-deck slab. Survived in light rain and no hot sun (here in the south). One word of warning...

We would sit in the tub on the little formed seats and watch baseball games on the TV all the while drinking beers. He would crank it down to about a 99 degree setpoint so as not to steam cook us, but after about 45 minutes to an hour of that, I could hardly move to get out of the tub to take a leak. I swear. My arms and legs felt like they weighed 100 lbs each. But relaxed? Oh...yeah.
It was your friends tub, we all know you didn't even try to get out to take that leak.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
It was your friends tub, we all know you didn't even try to get out to take that leak.
Oh, heck no. I'm not too sure of him, however... :unsure: It was free beer. Not turning that down. Although he loved that Old Style (light) brew. He believed in quantity, not quality.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Well I started filling it this morning, and sure enough it has a leak. Which doesn't surprise me in the least bit. The drain hose is not the lowest point so the lines can still have water in them, and this was an outside tub so I'm sure at least one is split. Gotta get what water is left in it, out, and get it on its side to start digging thru the foam to find the leak.

Last edited:
  • Sad

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Asked the neighbors for a hand and lifted the hot tub on its side so I could access the leak. Or at least where I thought the leak was.
Well I found it. One of the manifolds was split along with the 2" line going into it. Just finished getting it cut out, the lines cleaned up, and ready to be glued back together. Need to get a couple more fittings and I should be all set. So far only have $100 into parts to repair it. Fingers 🤞

20210906_095755.jpg

20210906_095743.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Ahh, the downside of owning a hot tube. Fixing a leak.
BTW, how is the ACQ deck holding up ? My deck is first generation composite with clear cedar rails and ballisters. I built it in 1994. Its looking really bad after all those years. Im probably going to rip it apart myself but Im on the fence about using composite again due to the cost. Ive seen some decks done with premium ACQ and they looks pretty nice. No knots at all but is there a lot of splitting ?

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
New plumbing is in, let it dry overnight and lay the tub back down then fill it with water and see if I got them all fixed. Still have to wire it up. Maybe next weekend.

20210912_133407.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Well in typical fashion I'm all over the place. Since hunting season is here, I thought I'd try to get my hunting closet done, or at least as far as I could for this year. So here is where it stands.

Three Husky brand cabinets from Home Depot to put all the misc stuff in. Pretty nice cabinets for the price. All soft close drawers too. The gun cabinet on the right will be coming out and I'll be building a small closet for my hunting clothes. It will have a switched, powered vent to the outside, and a shelf for an ozone generator to kill any smell on the clothes. Don't think that's going to happen this year though.

20211010_105928.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor