New house

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Well in typical fashion I'm all over the place. Since hunting season is here, I thought I'd try to get my hunting closet done, or at least as far as I could for this year. So here is where it stands.

Three Husky brand cabinets from Home Depot to put all the misc stuff in. Pretty nice cabinets for the price. All soft close drawers too. The gun cabinet on the right will be coming out and I'll be building a small closet for my hunting clothes. It will have a switched, powered vent to the outside, and a shelf for an ozone generator to kill any smell on the clothes. Don't think that's going to happen this year though.

View attachment 185205
Pretty nice for the secret underground room in the hidden yard bunker though.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Well, the weather finally started to break so I decided I should finish the hot tub project. I had two more pipe connections to finish to in order to fix the breaks from the previous owners lack of winterization. Got those done and tilted it back down. Let the joints dry for a day and filled it water. No leaks!!! Finally!
Wife was headed out with friends Friday night so I figured that was the best time to kill the main house breaker, and install the 50 amp two pole breaker in the main panel for the spa. Got it all wired up, flipped the switch, and the hot tub works! Let it run for 10 hours and get up to full temperature. Lights, heater, and both pumps work great thankfully. Added some cleaner to it that is supposed to remove gunk build up from the lines. It worked. 🤮

Screenshot_20220410-092327_Snapchat.jpg

Drained it, cleaned it, new filters, refilled it. Which was a task in and of itself because I ran our well dry three times trying to fill it again. 🤣 My wife wasn't very happy with me.
But today it's full, warmed up, and I'm in process of getting the chemical levels balanced so we can finally use it for the first time.

20220410_075942.jpg

• Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Well, the weather finally started to break so I decided I should finish the hot tub project. I had two more pipe connections to finish to in order to fix the breaks from the previous owners lack of winterization. Got those done and tilted it back down. Let the joints dry for a day and filled it water. No leaks!!! Finally!
Wife was headed out with friends Friday night so I figured that was the best time to kill the main house breaker, and install the 50 amp two pole breaker in the main panel for the spa. Got it all wired up, flipped the switch, and the hot tub works! Let it run for 10 hours and get up to full temperature. Lights, heater, and both pumps work great thankfully. Added some cleaner to it that is supposed to remove gunk build up from the lines. It worked. 🤮

View attachment 196216

Drained it, cleaned it, new filters, refilled it. Which was a task in and of itself because I ran our well dry three times trying to fill it again. 🤣 My wife wasn't very happy with me.
But today it's full, warmed up, and I'm in process of getting the chemical levels balanced so we can finally use it for the first time.

View attachment 196215
When I lived in the mountains of PA if someone needed to fill a pool or hot tub they had a few choices. 1 run the well dry. 2 make a donation to the firehall and have them fill it 3 the milk truck company has to triple rinse the bulk tanks after every load and it only gets dumped anyway. So that last rinse got hauled to people's houses to fill pools and such. Only cost a beer and a burger for the driver.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Yeah we have a local company that delivers water for pools, hot tubs, and it's even safe for drinking water since some still have cisterns. Figured since it's been so wet out our well would be fine. I guess two 425 gallon spa fill ups, a couple of loads of laundry, and a few showers are just too much for it though LOL

Reactions: 1 users

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021

View attachment 196216

View attachment 196215
Jealous of that view!

• Agree

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
We're surrounded by a large farm. That view won't change for a long time, they are buying all of the smaller farms in the area.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor