New house

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Literally spent a few hours catching up on this thread. I was deployed when you started, so I somehow missed it. I literally just built a brand new home on a mountain in PA. "Finished" to move in in Jan of 19. I did most of the work so it took many months and beer burning the candle at both ends. It was worth it.

You house looks awesome, as does the view. I know there were heartaches but in the end I hope you have the house you "want".

Reactions: 4 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Literally spent a few hours catching up on this thread. I was deployed when you started, so I somehow missed it. I literally just built a brand new home on a mountain in PA. "Finished" to move in in Jan of 19. I did most of the work so it took many months and beer burning the candle at both ends. It was worth it.

You house looks awesome, as does the view. I know there were heartaches but in the end I hope you have the house you "want".
Thank you, and congrats on yours!
Great view , looks like farm land.
Thank you and yes, surrounded by a large farm. I think they are over 4k acres. Kind of a patchwork quilt of land, other farms they've purchased, and smaller, and larger chunks of farm fields. Yet only 1.5 miles from the closest gas station and 3 miles from the village. So a 5 minute drive and we can grocery shop, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Not a big update, but nonetheless here we go.
Had an ash tree die this summer. Emerald ash borer 😡 cut it down, chopped it up, had the stump ground out.

20220724_155911.jpg

20220731_115116.jpg

20220731_155446.jpg

20220808_073208.jpg

Started pouring concrete pads around the house. The first one is for two 100lb propane tanks for the new heater I bought for the garage. I have two more to pour. One for the A/C condenser, and one for a whole house generator.
It's been crazy at work, haven't done much of anything else...

20220817_174407.jpg

Reactions: 10 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Just finishing up the pad for the a/c condenser. Hope to pour the one for the generator this weekend.

20220818_192146.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
In my previous job, I managed a small engine shop/sales. We had a small electric mixer. Only takes two bags at a time. Technically more, but it clumps easily if you use more, so two bags it is. They let me borrow it if I buy the concfront hem. them. Win win for me. If you have any more to do, it's actually worth it to buy one. Thej just sell it when you're done. You can usually pick them up for less than $100 used, and sell them for the same price again.

20220819_035503.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
In my previous job, I managed a small engine shop/sales. We had a small electric mixer. Only takes two bags at a time. Technically more, but it clumps easily if you use more, so two bags it is. They let me borrow it if I buy the concfront hem. them. Win win for me. If you have any more to do, it's actually worth it to buy one. Thej just sell it when you're done. You can usually pick them up for less than $100 used, and sell them for the same price again.

View attachment 205025
Just thinking aloud here, but, with bigger jobs or good enough access, wonder where the break even point is on just ordering by the cu yd from a concrete plant for delivery premixed

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Just thinking aloud here, but, with bigger jobs or good enough access, wonder where the break even point is on just ordering by the cu yd from a concrete plant for delivery premixed
Currently, the issue is how much they charge for delivery. Many places won't even allow orders smaller than 2 yards. All 3 of my pours combined only total 1 yard. Delivery is $200/load around here last time I checked. Plus the price of the concrete.

• Agree
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I had been using an old mobile home, fuel oil, forced air furnace in my garage. Heat exchanger cracked and it was just getting to be a PITA to even deal with. Let alone the floor space it used. So I bought a Mr Heater 80k btu hanging furnace. Finally got it installed and working today. Freed up about 5' x 3' of floor space too! Shouldn't have waited this long to do it.

20221218_135205.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor