CUTLASS New Olds Rally Replica Wheels from Year One.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Not having the taller sidewalls, and raised whites will take some getting used to I'm sure...
I can't stand white letters, but if you have to have them, there are tire stickers available. The new wheels look T-I-T-S! Can't wait to see them on a car.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

383_StealthRam

Greasemonkey
Dec 29, 2016
These came today!! YearOne 17x8 Chrome Plated Cast Aluminum SS II wheels.

Look really nice out of the box, got them mounted and balanced but I'm contemplating using self-stick black vinyl to colorize the flat spokes similar to HutchHiPerf's idea before installing on the car.

These are quick picks taken in the shop with the edge protectors still on and some lithium grease smudges to clean off, and get the center cap emblems all one, etc...

Will post more pics when they're cleaned up, and actually on the car!

IMG_20190719_160722_01.jpg

IMG_20190719_161046_01.jpg

IMG_20190719_164543_01.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
These came today!! YearOne 17x8 Chrome Plated Cast Aluminum SS II wheels.

Look really nice out of the box, got them mounted and balanced but I'm contemplating using self-stick black vinyl to colorize the flat spokes similar to HutchHiPerf's idea before installing on the car.

These are quick picks taken in the shop with the edge protectors still on and some lithium grease smudges to clean off, and get the center cap emblems all one, etc...

Will post more pics when they're cleaned up, and actually on the car!

View attachment 118677

View attachment 118678

View attachment 118679
Damn, those look slick man! Yeah, they definitely need some contrast on them spokes though.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Black vinyl on the spokes, black lug nuts, and that center cap... those will look really good.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
oddly, I'm really digging those! looking forward to seeing the black insets, and the wheels on the car!

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I’ve always really liked the Olds wheel. It looks to be a 2 piece. Is it? If not, I’m considering them for my customized Elco wagon, I’ve already got alot of Pontiac, Camaro , Buick, and Olds parts in it. A 2 piece is so hard to keep the seam clean with alot of miles put on between cleanings. I’d get the spokes gold/chrome powdercoated . Whats all your fitment numbers, backspace, offset ect. ?

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
They list a "G body only" 4.5 backspace.... is this correct?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
They list a "G body only" 4.5 backspace.... is this correct?
Your link suggests that they come with A-body lug nut threads 7/16-20. So unless you change your studs to SAE, you'll be screwed with that setup if you have metric threads.

Also, stock SSIII 15 x 7 back spacing is 4, but 4.5 should work as long as your cross sectional width isn't monster with stock wells. They said they did it with 245s, so that's good. 245s are fairly healthy. If you have carved out the frame, you can obviously go fatter. You'll have about 3.25 on the face depth, which you would have about 2.75 on the stock SSIII. Basically, the wheel will be very close to looking like stock depth with a trim ring look when mounted. Maybe that was the intent. I prefer the stepped look like stock, but I guess you can't have everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor