New User

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty89

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 21, 2017
Hey new here to the site. I have a 1986 MonteCarlo SS SB305 carb 200r4 trans the car is in pretty good shape but in need of repair. I have lots of questions to ask for anyone who has the time to help so if thats you message me and let me know what you can help me with i can list the problems if needed thanks in advance. Matt from Illinois

ldr

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2016
Sarcoxie, MO
Welcome, post your issues on here. There are a lot of folks on here very knowledgeable about these cars.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

shawn1112

Greasemonkey
Apr 3, 2017
Welcome from one new guy to another.
Where in Illinois are you, I'm in Streamwood

Reactions: 1 users

Matty89

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 21, 2017
well one hot summer day my fiancée was driving the car and out of no where the transmisson started making a loud whining noise from the front end. It is a 200r4 ive been told the trans cooling pump went out was also was told the filter was bad so i changed the filter and the noise went away. well not long after while having the car in drive or reverse it started making a knocking noise once again coming from the front of the trans it shifts just fine but when going to hit the gas for a burn out it looses power and takes off but it does not have a take off like its supposed to can anyone help me with this on what i should do?

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Welcome aboard! Lots of knowledgeable people here..

• Agree

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
Sounds like a torque convertor problem. Years ago my torque convertor and a pump went bad which caused issues where taking off from a dead stop the car would act like I hit the brakes and would stall at a stop.

Noise could also be a loose fly wheel where the bolts might have become undone. Worth a look and a cheap fix if that is the problem. That can sound like the transmission is ready to fall out when it rattles.

Matty89

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 21, 2017
Sounds like a torque convertor problem. Years ago my torque convertor and a pump went bad which caused issues where taking off from a dead stop the car would act like I hit the brakes and would stall at a stop.
the trans shifts just fine when not mashing
Noise could also be a loose fly wheel where the bolts might have become undone. Worth a look and a cheap fix if that is the problem. That can sound like the transmission is ready to fall out when it rattles.

ive checked the bolts they are tight the fly wheel is not in the best of shape but when going for a normal take off it shifts fine but while sitting at a stop light some times it will act up where it drops in rpms and starts making the knocking noise then some days it acts just fine its really weird and to be honest i know nothing about trans

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor