Newbie elco

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaminoJoe

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 28, 2018
20171214_213210.jpg
Hey all, I finally decided to stop lurking and join the forum. Around summer 2016 I bought an 85 el Camino conquista that I'm currently building into a street rod. So I'll be around to ask questions as many of you seem helpful/knowledgeable. Along with that, I'll be posting updates and details on how the build is coming along. Got a lot planned in the near future. Until then, here she is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
Welcome to the site. Really nice EC! Looks like a great start for a project.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard, Joe.
That is a fine looking El Camino. Glad to hear that your lurking days are over. ;)

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Welcome Joe; That paint looks good in the picture, is it original? What's that on the hoist? When a pair of slicks are seen we all get curious. Ole' Bob.

• Agree

CaminoJoe

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 28, 2018
Paint is original, the two tone gray. And the boy on the lift is a purple 1969 GTO built for the strip. ~3000hp monster. You can find videos of it and pictures on 1320 or pinks...but I'll drop a picture on here soon
Welcome Joe; That paint looks good in the picture, is it original? What's that on the hoist? When a pair of slicks are seen we all get curious. Ole' Bob.

CaminoJoe

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 28, 2018
CaminoJoe, looks super-clean! What's the back-story?
The story is kinda interesting. I fell in love with the gbody el Camino some years ago and had to get my hands on one. And in my area (MD, or eastern shore in general) I found it terribly hard to even come across a decent one that wasn't 100 miles away or wasn't rusted through the floor under the seats. But I came across a guy in Philly who happened to have 11 of the damn things. Long story short this was the best one there, paint is in good shape, no dents or scratches on the body, decent bed, also ran great. Ever since I've done small things to it, wheels, grille, tune up, sending unit. But the big stuff is coming up soon!

Reactions: 3 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
In your case, it was worth waiting for the right car to come along. Looks like you struck paydirt and found a nice example.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor