Newbie from Costa Mesa, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

434MONTE

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 24, 2009
I stumbled onto this sight by accident...boy am I glad I did. I had no idea that there were so many G-Bodies still around.
Mine is a 78 Monte Carlo, 406 smallblock, very good, ported cast iron heads, heavy valve springs, fully prepped block, [email protected] cam on 108 centers, gold race 1.6 roller rockers, single plane, highly modified Q-Jet that flows about 900 cfm. Also has a switch pitch turbo 400, Ford 9" rear end on coilovers with lift setup. Front end is all urethaned. Has big Buick wagon spindles and 12" rotors up front, old front calipers and a kit with Ford rotors on back with a hydraulic brake lock for a parking brake. Has long tube headers, single 3.5" exhaust and two MagnaFlow 3.5-3.5 mufflers inline, one under the car and one behind the rear end. Home-made crossmember holds up the trans with a big loop on each side for the exhaust. Got 16 x 8's with 245/50 and 255/50's BFG stickies. Goes like a raped ape, stops like you threw out an anchor and corners like it's on rails. I love my Monte.
P. S. I recently set myself up with gas, mig and tig welders and a plasma cutter so I can get back to doing welding (mild, chromemoly, stainless & aluminum) for others. If you need light fab work or welding done in Orange County, CA, get in touch.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
ooo I'm jealous. I wanted a big inch mouse motor but didn't have the funds for it. Welcome to the site, we like pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor