hood up
download4.jpg
350 tpi out of a corvette, trick flow heads
download6.jpg
slp runners and cam
download7.jpg
edlebrock headers
download9.jpg
corvette computer with performance chip.
Thanks for looking at the photos. I just got the car about 2 weeks ago. Its a lot of fun so far

T_Spivey85

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 24, 2011
Welcome thats a slick monty you have there I thought about the same swap but just went with my midly built 350.

gk666

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2010
nice thats clean as ****, im not the biggest endorser of tpi but its a sh*t load better than the 305

ryanss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 22, 2011
DFW
Thanks for the compliments. The 350 in it is pretty torquey.

gk666

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2010
oh yeah i dont doubt its a badass motor, im just not a fan of new sh*t... like if there isnt a big block under the hood it must be your mothers car... anything made after 1972 sucks and carb > efi and computer controlled sh*t and auto trannys, i mean no computer is going to know exactly what my throttle response should be or at what rpms i need to be shifting or for what im doing and the pontiac 455 is the greatest motor of all time.... iv ranted like 4 times on this site about how its amazing in every aspect even though theres more than a handful of motors that are way stronger... the pontiac 455 has more soul than aretha franklin... its like staring down the barrel of a loaded deagle, takes balls, and lots of em plain and simple.....

BUT WELCOME TO THE CHINA CLUB, DRINK UP

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
lol k^^

Nice Monte! Definitely like the white. I think it aould look real nice with a black grill too but thats just me :lol:

ryanss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 22, 2011
DFW
Just figured I would be different.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
gk666 said:
oh yeah i dont doubt its a badass motor, im just not a fan of new sh*t... like if there isnt a big block under the hood it must be your mothers car... anything made after 1972 sucks and carb > efi and computer controlled sh*t and auto trannys, i mean no computer is going to know exactly what my throttle response should be or at what rpms i need to be shifting or for what im doing and the pontiac 455 is the greatest motor of all time.... iv ranted like 4 times on this site about how its amazing in every aspect even though theres more than a handful of motors that are way stronger... the pontiac 455 has more soul than aretha franklin... its like staring down the barrel of a loaded deagle, takes balls, and lots of em plain and simple.....

BUT WELCOME TO THE CHINA CLUB, DRINK UP
:rofl: In one of my threads awhile back you ranted about the OLDS 455 being the greatest engine of all time and they were made until 78 so??? Sorry didnt mean to get off topic but thats a nice Monte ya got there! I wish I could afford to go with a nice injection system. I love carbs but modern-day technology is hard to compete with. Good luck with it!

gk666

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2010
hmmm well i would have meant pontiac ><... 7.4 litres of RAPE and it was 76 when the government was like NO MORE and thus all good things had to come to an end

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor