Newbie from Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Na306StAnG

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 2, 2008
Largo Florida
Hey guys my name is Shaun I live in Florida in the Tampa area. I'm 25 and just got myself a new project car and hoping I can turn it in to what I've always wanted. Oh and please don't make fun of the name I've had it for years and I'm apart of about 6 other sites with the same name so its easier to remember.

The car I got is a 79 Pontiac Lemans. It seams to have a pretty healthy SBC in it.

I'm looking for info on if its possible to put Malibu stuff on this car. Ever since I can remember I wanted a Malibu. And this is pretty close to what I was looking for and the body of this car is in great shape. So what kind of info can you guys give me on what is interchangeable? Mainly the fenders,grille and tail lights. I really want the car to look like a Malibu.

I will post up some pics once I get to my shop in about an hour.

Na306StAnG

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 2, 2008
Largo Florida
ok so it wasn't one hour

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
Its not that bad little rough but fixable on what parts will interchange i have no clue but others on here do.

KrisW

G-Body Guru
Oct 24, 2007
Lakeland, FL
Those Pontiacs are too cool to strip them of their identity. Sell it and buy a malibu if that's what you want. There are still plenty for sale.

If you pull the motor and keep it for your Malibu, I might buy the body and put my Buick engine in it. It is certainly better than the regal body I have now!

KrisW

G-Body Guru
Oct 24, 2007
Lakeland, FL
I'll keep my eyes open..

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Good to see another Floridian with a G body project! I'm in New Port Richey, BTW.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
We should all get together for a junkyard day or something...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor