Newbie help with 84 grand prix

Status
Not open for further replies.

alb3rt0

n00b
Jun 24, 2008
Houston
hello I have a 84 grand prix coupe.. i am wondering where to find parts for this car or what cars that i can take parts from like the seats or dash .. etc. i don't know alot about cars and this is the first time I am fixing up one .. so any info will help .. thanks

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
well first off welcome to the site. to find parts for your car i am sure some people will pop in and help with advice

dougfather

Master Mechanic
Jul 11, 2006
Altoona PA
wlecome

As you will find out, most anything mechanical from other G-Bodies will swap. Chevy S-10/GMC S-15 Sonoma up to at least 92 (maybe 2002) will use the same suspension parts (2WD only of course). As a quick list:

Sheetmetal - 81-87 Grand Prix. Does NOT interchange with other G-Bodies. Check eBAy and junkyards. I need a door and cannot find any aftermarket support. 78-80 sheetmetal was different.

Dash- Any Pontiac G-Body from 78-87 will have the same dash. The cluster bezel for a 78-81 will fit, but has a hole for the wiper switch. 82-87 does not have this since that was moved. My opion is that Pontiac had the best dash of all G-bodies. Again, junkyards and eBay.

alb3rt0

n00b
Jun 24, 2008
Houston
dougfather said:
wlecome

As you will find out, most anything mechanical from other G-Bodies will swap. Chevy S-10/GMC S-15 Sonoma up to at least 92 (maybe 2002) will use the same suspension parts (2WD only of course). As a quick list:

Sheetmetal - 81-87 Grand Prix. Does NOT interchange with other G-Bodies. Check eBAy and junkyards. I need a door and cannot find any aftermarket support. 78-80 sheetmetal was different.

Dash- Any Pontiac G-Body from 78-87 will have the same dash. The cluster bezel for a 78-81 will fit, but has a hole for the wiper switch. 82-87 does not have this since that was moved. My opion is that Pontiac had the best dash of all G-bodies. Again, junkyards and eBay.

thx for the tip .. yeah i'm lookin for a new dash .. like a black colored one and sometimes i can't find alot for the year that i ahve so thx for the tip ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor