Newbie with new car

Status
Not open for further replies.

stubnosebrock

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 5, 2012
Binghamton, NY
Hey guys, just joined here. Just bought an 87 SS over the weekend. Ive been looking for a new project since I bought my first house a few months ago. Just got the car home yesterday. Im pretty excited to start making it what I want. Ive got the front accessories off the engine to diagnose some pretty severe back firing through the carb. Thinking maybe the timing chain had jumped a tooth, I got the timing cover off to discover the chain sloppy, but marks where they should be. When turning the engine over by hand I can hear compression blowing out the crankcase. So im pretty sure its either extremely worn out, or a piston or 2 has a hole in it. Regardless I bought it not running and the 305 would have been short lived either way. So Im happy to be here, and im sure ill have some questions. Brandon

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Welcome. Cool. Hope you do something with it cool and fun to drive.

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Welcome, lets get some pics uploaded and get to work man.

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
welcome to the site bro i got a 86 Monte SC 4.3 myself . Use to have a 86 Monte SC 305 ,had her for over nine years .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor