442 No tail lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
So from what your'e saying my problem most likely is a break in the wire.

yup, in that harness the yellow and green are signal and brake lights, the blue is the third brake light, the pink is fuel gauge and the brown is parking lights

Reactions: 1 user

Jims442

Greasemonkey
Dec 2, 2019
Connecticut
Got a test light? Haven't seen any results yet...

:popcorn:
I checked the brown wire and I have power after the fuse block I have power at the connector in the trunk and I have power at the back of the light socket?? It is a dark brown wire right? How many volts should i be getting ?

Jims442

Greasemonkey
Dec 2, 2019
Connecticut
Pretty sure the parking lights are a common fuse for front and rear. Start by seeing if you have power on the dark brown at the light socket, then if still no power, work your way forward. there is a plug that connects the aluminum ribbon cable to the exterior harness inside the trunk, on the floor, rear, driver's side. Check the ground while you're there; sometimes the brake or turn signals can pull ground through the parking light filaments.
I have power at the light socket and tried several bulbs and all 4 light sockets?

Jims442

Greasemonkey
Dec 2, 2019
Connecticut
Ty everyone for all the help. Just fixed the problem. It was a lose wire ate the fuse block I was getting power but not enough to light the bulbs. Now I just need to figure out the rally pack.

Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Both times my rear lights didn't work, 1st was the ground wire in the trunk. Mine didn't have a screw in it. I guess when they replaced that 1/4 (fun fact, my car was tboned by a snow plow [that much I knew] but after looking up in the underside of the deck panel while hooking up speakers, I found all the shitty spotwelds and clear splices/buttwelds from the repair) they didn't reinstall it. 2nd time was a fuse.

Jims442

Greasemonkey
Dec 2, 2019
Connecticut
Both times my rear lights didn't work, 1st was the ground wire in the trunk. Mine didn't have a screw in it. I guess when they replaced that 1/4 (fun fact, my car was tboned by a snow plow [that much I knew] but after looking up in the underside of the deck panel while hooking up speakers, I found all the shitty spotwelds and clear splices/buttwelds from the repair) they didn't reinstall it. 2nd time was a fuse.
Ty I found the problem last night. Loose wire near the fuse block.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor