Noob here with a 4-speed Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIYShifter

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 20, 2007
Southern ME
www.nemotorsport.com
Hey guys! Drew here from Maine...was told by Beeterolds to come by!

My G-body is a 1985 Olds Cutlass Supreme 2-door...bought it in 1996 with a 3.8LV6 that was blown (the old lady who owned it never changed the oil and the motor hatched at 65,000!), so I has a mildly worked-over '72 Olds 350 installed, which I ran for a while and drove all over the country until it developed a rod knock. Then the car sat for 7 years.

A friend gave me a free 1989 "8" VIN code Chevrolet 350, and shortly after I acquired a Saginaw 4-speed transmission, and the gears started thinking, and eventually after a bunch of research and even more money, I ended up with a 4-year Cutlass! Memorial Day 1996 I grenaded my Saginaw, and it was replaced with a 1966 M21 Muncie. The car rocks and I love it to pieces!

A quick synopsis of the mods:

-0.030" over, now a 355
-1996 Vortec heads, stainless Manley valves, Comp Cams cam-matched springs
-Comp Cams XE268H-14 cam, .477/.480 lift, 268/280 deg adv, 224/230 deg at .050
-Proform noisy gear drive
-Speed Pro forged pistons, about 10.2:1 compression
-Weiand Action Plus intake manifold, tuned 795-cfm Quadrajet
-MSD Pro billet distributor, 8.5mm plug wires, MSD 6AL box
-Flowtech 1 5/8" primary into 3" headers, 2 1/2" mandrel bent duals, Dynomax hi-flow cats, Flowmaster 50-series Delta Flow mufflers
-Muncie 4-speed manual conversion, (exploded a Saginaw), pedals and clutch linkage from 1979 Malibu
-Hurst Comp/Plus shifter, Hays flywheel, Hays Borg & Beck clutch & pressure plate
-8.5" Rearend from '84 Hurst/Olds, 3.73 gears
-Hotchkis 1 1/2" lowering springs, Hotchkis control arms: boxed lower, adjustable/braced upper, Hotchkis front & rear sway bars, 1 3/8" front, 1" rear
-Auto Meter elecrical guages in place of factory radio
-BF Goodrich G-Force Sport 225/60/VR15 tires on 15" Olds SSIII Rallyes
-Rivetted-on steel cowl-induction hood scoop from a '70 Chevelle SS...hey, it was neccessary for my old intake that was too tall!

Picture55.jpg

Cutlass3.jpg

Picture49.jpg

I also have a 1967 Olds Cutlass 4-door, stock, with an HEI-equipped 330 4-bbl, 2 1/4" duals with Cherrybomb glasspacks!

Picture75.jpg

Glad to be aboard!

nice cars, especially the '67!
welcome

love the 67 both cars very nice though welcome to the site!

Nice cars! Welcome. Got any pics of the 350 Chevy motor?

Motor looks good. Keep us up to date on any new mods.It looks like a fun ride.

now why would u add an electric fan ? the 7 blade is more than adequate ! see...i told u this place was safe for Chevy Powered Cutlasses!! ill stick with my 455!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor