Not Looking Good for Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The worst hasn't reached us yet. It's projected to reach us early Monday morning.
It's a fairly slow moving storm. It looks as though South Georgia will be feeling the effects of it as well.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Good luck Jack, if it's slow moving I hope the winds slow down. It must be frustrating to know it's coming and there is nothing anyone can do about it...

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Hang in there Jack. We're thinking of you guys. It's a very fast moving storm compared to Harvey. I hope it looses its umph soon.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Hang in there, Jack. Wife has friends in Lake City, so we both have people to worry about.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Good luck Jack, if it's slow moving I hope the winds slow down. It must be frustrating to know it's coming and there is nothing anyone can do about it...
Thank you Steve,
I was going through a bit of anxiety most of the day not knowing what to expect. All we can do is ride it out and hope for a good outcome.

• Optimistic

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hang in there Jack. We're thinking of you guys. It's a very fast moving storm compared to Harvey. I hope it looses its umph soon.
Thank you Jared.
I could only imagine what you were feeling when Harvey was encroaching. You're right, compared to Harvey this storm is moving considerably faster. At least we know it won't be lingering around for a few days like Harvey did.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hang in there, Jack. Wife has friends in Lake City, so we both have people to worry about.
Thanks Brian.
Lake City is 45 min. to an hour north of us. It's like being on a roller coaster ride and don't know what to expect until it's over.

Thanks to all you guys for your well wishes and encouragement.

Reactions: 3 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
We still have power in SW Georgia. Windy but will be picking up in a couple hours. As track is now eye will be over me tomorrow. Prepared as can be and will hit claims office asap as I know a bunch of our customers are depending on us and are much worse off. Truck parked 1.5 miles away in buddys cotton field and can get to it one way or other on 4 wheeler as I live 1.5 mile down dead end Georgia red clay heavily treed road.
Seeing on feeds looting taking place. Hard to polite here when that is going on. Buddy in Miami had 90 mph winds but is now as fine as frogs hair. He is an insurance adjuster also and has hotels books in heavily hit areas and will be heading out soon. Will keep you posted best as possible

Reactions: 3 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
We still have power in SW Georgia. Windy but will be picking up in a couple hours. As track is now eye will be over me tomorrow. Prepared as can be and will hit claims office asap as I know a bunch of our customers are depending on us and are much worse off. Truck parked 1.5 miles away in buddys cotton field and can get to it one way or other on 4 wheeler as I live 1.5 mile down dead end Georgia red clay heavily treed road.
Seeing on feeds looting taking place. Hard to polite here when that is going on. Buddy in Miami had 90 mph winds but is now as fine as frogs hair. He is an insurance adjuster also and has hotels books in heavily hit areas and will be heading out soon. Will keep you posted best as possible

I know you have a job to do but don't forget, your safety comes first....good luck and I hope you don't get hit too hard...

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor