Not Looking Good for Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Ok a couple pics of the cutlass in case we get hurt. It is looking a little more promising for my area though. I'll take 80mph winds over 150mph winds any day.
Hey, good luck man...be safe.
Where in Florida are you located?

Reactions: 1 user

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
My family has a winter home in Engelwood (about 6 miles inland). Now the the storm is tracking West it will be centered over our property. The neighbors have all left so no one is there to give me an update..... Good thing insurance is up to date.

As long as you have insurance it will taken care of eventually. That is the attitude of the few friends and Relatives we have on the west coast of FL (Port Charlotte, Bonita Springs) who took their important papers, meds, etc, and headed out of state earlier this week. Luckily they are all retired and kids grown up where they could go to until the storm is over.

Talked to one of them yesterday and they are up to date on all their insurance and will deal with whatever hits the property. They were looking at the brightside saying they needed new carpets and paint so now they will have no choice but to replace it! Being safe is what counts. All their possessions can be replaced.

G-boz

Greasemonkey
Jul 13, 2008
CT
Just talked to my dumbass brother in Wesley Chapel Fl. (just north of Tampa), been telling him to leave but he still says hes staying. I don't think he realizes how bad it can get. Hes originally from CT and doesn't know what a real Hurricane is.
Prayers are with him and everybody down there. Be Safe!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Let him know we are all praying for you guys....:)
Thank you Steve,
I will extend your good thoughts and prayers to him....I also appreciate your concern.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Just talked to my dumbass brother in Wesley Chapel Fl. (just north of Tampa), been telling him to leave but he still says hes staying. I don't think he realizes how bad it can get. Hes originally from CT and doesn't know what a real Hurricane is.
Prayers are with him and everybody down there. Be Safe!!!!!!!!!
Thanks a lot man. Your brother is like 2 hrs south of me. Hopefully he took all precautions.
Staying put, in some cases, is better than being out on the road and getting stuck in traffic and running out of gas. I hope he fares well with the storm. Wesley Chapel is a very populated area.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Looks like the Lower Keys are in the eye & the southern tip is starting to get battered. You guys still the strap in & hold on.

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
The worstis yet to come for this area. However, despite no power, large downed trees and the beginning of light flooding, we are in very good shape.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor