Old Buick 350

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regalproject213

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2015
With stock valve covers it will clear. In the last pic of the Buick motor, you can see I opened up the A/C box wall. I modified it over for more room, so I could remove the valve cover with the engine in the car. The later 350 Buicl valve covers are more rounded at the back and offer more room/space.

Good to know! Thanks

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Best thing is, you will have a Buick V-8 in a Buick, just like stupid-*ss GM SHOULD have done. I am still kicking myself for dumping several Buick 350's I had without even thinking of swapping them into Regals. But I wasn't into G-bodies at all then and I had to clean house. Oh well......

Regalproject213

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2015
Best thing is, you will have a Buick V-8 in a Buick, just like stupid-*ss GM SHOULD have done. I am still kicking myself for dumping several Buick 350's I had without even thinking of swapping them into Regals. But I wasn't into G-bodies at all then and I had to clean house. Oh well......

I agree, it's hard enough taking out the OG drive train from my car, knowing that it runs smooth. But it does lack power. It was going to be a Buick or nothing. Hopefully this one works out. Trying to be patient....Every time I pass by it I give the breaker bar a slight tug... thinking "one of these times".....

Regalproject213

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2015
By the way guys. I am at the point of no return! I just took off the front clip an starting to clean up the bay for the heart transplant. One way or another I will be swapping a Buick V8 in it.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Resist the temptation to lean on it. Patience........

Regalproject213

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2015
Gentlemen! We have movement! I was just trying to rock it back and forth from the flywheel, and I got it to rotate about 3/4 spin, spat out what I put it in! I put a little more to let it soak more..but it's moving! Good news!

Regalproject213

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2015
Gentlemen! We have movement! I was just trying to rock it back and forth from the flywheel, and I got it to rotate about 3/4 spin, spat out what I put it in! I put a little more to let it soak more..but it's moving! Good news!

With no real pressure, I did it with a flat heat head screw driver. A short one :)

What do you guys suggest we do next? WE because you all are part of this now lol

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I am still kicking myself for dumping several Buick 350's I had without even thinking of swapping them into Regals.

This is called Hoarder's Lament. Unfortunately, one just can't save everything...

OK, it's moving! However, I'd still at least take the heads off and see what's in there. It's a lot of work to 'drop and engine in' and it would suck to blow it up in the first 20 minutes. I'd still strongly consider a basic rebuild...hone, bearings, rings, gaskets - assuming nothing is grossly wrong in there.

Regalproject213

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2015
This is called Hoarder's Lament. Unfortunately, one just can't save everything...

OK, it's moving! However, I'd still at least take the heads off and see what's in there. It's a lot of work to 'drop and engine in' and it would suck to blow it up in the first 20 minutes. I'd still strongly consider a basic rebuild...hone, bearings, rings, gaskets - assuming nothing is grossly wrong in there.

I totally agree. But just knowing that it broke loose is a good feeling for me. Next weekend I take it apart and see how it looks. I really don't think its too bad. From what the guy I got it from he seemed to be sincere and not bsing me he told straight up, water got into it from the recent storm.. Fingers crossed I don't have to throw too much money into it. But for $100 bucks it a gamble and to be honest...kinda fun lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor