dsc03103-jpg.216206

And started test-fitting:

dsc03107-jpg.216207

dsc03109-jpg.216208

Then slung on the driver's side brakes:

dsc03113-jpg.216209

dsc03115-jpg.216210

Big day!

Steering box, front anti-roll bar and passenger side test-fit in the next couple days. By then my new centerlink should be in.

Jim

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Re: Old School Meets New - Supercharged LSA into Grand Natio

:drool: Nice!!! What kind of paint did you use for the frame?

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado

NICE work!! my GP's next front suspension rebuild will include the sc&c adjustable arms.... and spindles.. :D

DeltaT

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2010

-83MONTESS- said:
What kind of paint did you use for the frame?

Thanks, guys.

The paint is Eastwood's Underhood Matte Black aerosol. So far I used 1.5 of 2 cans. For primer I used Rustoleum Etching Primer which worked fine and is way cheaper than the Eastwood. I like the Eastwood top coat as it dries fast and has a classy, understated look.

Now I'm trying to get at the computer wiring harness pass-through without removing the metal part of the fender. Anyone have any tips?

Thanks,

Jim

JAWSS

Apprentice
Sep 23, 2009
Ft.Hood, Texas

Man, this is an awesome build with high quality parts and work throughout!! I would really love to give my 84 MCSS a similar update soon. Keep up the good work!!

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away

With that much power, I hope you replaced all the body mount bushings and installed the "missing" mount bushings. Probably going to need a rear seat brace and rear LCA mount gussets.

DeltaT

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2010

Clone TIE Pilot said:
With that much power, I hope you replaced all the body mount bushings and installed the "missing" mount bushings. Probably going to need a rear seat brace and rear LCA mount gussets.

All ready to install. I always use the HRPARTSNSTUF gussets on the LCA mounts on these cars - cheap insurance!

Jim

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away

That's good.

DeltaT

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2010

Fitting in the SpeedTech chassis brace and Flaming River 670 steering box:

dsc03123-jpg.216971

I'm covering stuff up with painter's tape until I know it is actually installed, mostly to protect the finish but it also reminds me that not everything is fully tightened up.

Ridetech MuscleBar also in test-fit along with the new steering centerlink and drag link:

dsc03124-jpg.216972

They clear each other by about 1/4".

From the bottom:

dsc03128-jpg.216973

And a shot of the anti-roll bar arm from the outside. It's very tucked into the frame - thought it was going to hit a weld that sticks out a little but it also cleared.

dsc03127-jpg.216974

So far the only bummer has been the SpeedTech chassis brace hardware and fit. The fit is not a bolt-on for my car, and that may be my car's fault. But the hardware they give you, without any instructions btw (although it's pretty easy to figure out), doesn't fit the car and doesn't fit the brace! They give you 7/16" HW but only 2 holes out of 6 are meant for it - the others are drilled AND POWDER-COATED for 3/8" bolts. So you either have to buy your own HW or drill out the new, glossy powder-coated finish of the your new brace. I need to call and see what they say and how their customer service is. I'll report back.

Jim

JAWSS

Apprentice
Sep 23, 2009
Ft.Hood, Texas

Very nice update Jim!! Hopefully Speedtech makes right on the odd fitting brace/hardware. Keep up the great work.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor