Well he can't use purple, that's my color. 😁

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 5 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I notice the junkyard universal marking system on your IAC and TPS sensor. Those places must all buy marking pens from the same supplier lol.

Pretty neat though, can't wait to see the dual fuel setup in action.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
I notice the junkyard universal marking system on your IAC and TPS sensor. Those places must all buy marking pens from the same supplier lol.

Pretty neat though, can't wait to see the dual fuel setup in action.
I have gotten static for not cleaning them up and making them pretty....
Cant wait to see this thing rip again
Me too, trust me!

Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
fuck you martin almgren GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Got a fair amount done on the suspension today. I had a buddy come cut steel while I fit and welded out. Worked pretty well. Rolled the frame out from under the body because we caught an unusual warm front and it was actually mid/low 60s f? or so (14-16c for those who haven't been to the moon)

Got a cross bar in first, behind the suspension mounts. I realized right around finishing the welds that I didn't do enough planning...
20201103_145637.jpg

I then fish plated for a upped mount support, because if you make a mistake you arent stuck to it.

20201103_145631.jpg

I believe Trick Chassis sells something like this, and I will admit to borrowing the concept. The fish plates are 3/16", the cross bars are 1" Sch 40? Its Stuff I had in the scrap pile so it went in.

20201103_154654.jpg

This is the end of phase 1 for rear suspension trussing. Plan is to triangulate from upper shock mounts and add another cross bar for future shock uppers then connect it all and add some plate in for the rear cage tie ins.
20201103_154657_LI.jpg

My assistant the Croatian sensation will be back tomorrow for another Fab day. Should be easy to get it all hammered out. :cool:

Reactions: 13 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Got the motor cleaned up and measured the bores and mains, installed the cam bearings and got the crank in and mains torqued

Cam bearing install. Made sure all oil holes are lined up and going to feed the cam.
View attachment 160797

Bores all measured good for 0.004" piston clearance, exactly what summit calls for. Beauty!

Mains were all 0.002" clearance, tight but within minimum spec.

Torqued are spinning very nicely by hand.
View attachment 160798

Got shut down for candy distribution duty, but the tedious part is behind me.

Why do you run an LS?

Oh yeah, see my build thread
Yeah, try running .002" and push some RPM on a BBO. This is why almost all stock 455's pushed hard, ended up knocking. My clearances are .0022" rods, 2" journals and .0025" on 2.5" mains on my 330 stroker crank, will see how long it lives with 5500 RPM blasts. Our Olds V8's are 30 to 50+ years old, some made at a very sad time in automotive history. At Fleming decided to try a new failure for the Olds V8, valve destruction. The LS is a very sturdy platform but so is nearly every new design motor. As soon a the warranty is up and the car paid for, my 3.6 Pentastar is getting a Sprintex Supercharger. What are the main and rod sizes on a 6L LS? I would imagine their cranks are also light, forged and in a super stiff bottom end, all helps allow tight clearances. Yeah, G bodies and their wonderful no rust protection, you got off lucky. Put some paint protection on that sh*t. Looking good.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor