Operation Lipstick on a Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night, I filled it up, and that didn't go so well. The damned o-ring on the sending unit is leaking, so I got to ride to work smelling gasoline again. SO, foot to the floor (more than normal) to try and burn off as much as I can. At least I know what's going on now. I tried to undo the tee in the EVAP line, and it snapped. I dug through my stash to find a double-ended male (for you MHM!) barb fitting, joined the airbox and the tank vent, and capped the EVAP solenoid. The cutting out while full around corners is gone! However, it still had a slight miss when I started it this morning. The code from yesterday was a P0303 cylinder misfire; maybe a coil pack is going south? I'll go to the pull-a-part Saturday, and cut a hole in the floor of a 4th gen F for the tank EVAP stuff for the next phase of this little experiment. I'll also grab a couple of coil packs for shop inventory, then it's drop-the-tank time again! woohoo

Sorry for your pain but you actually do make me feel better being I am the official “do it twice, Garth” guy. Nice to, um, shall we say, share your pain?

I cannot even order parts and get them right the first time. Ordered Bright B-pillar trim from Gbodyparts which they are out of but they substitute the Bright B-pillar trim for the Regal T-top saying you just have to trim off a short piece at the very top? Fine, I can do that. What they sent is a set of big honkin’ plastic pieces that I suspect cover under the bright trim wrapping clear back around inside the car. So, they are going back. Gbody gods want me to pull a “Donovan Miracle” and actually just fix the rock dents in mine and rechrome.

Last edited:
I think I may have figured out the misfire that reared its ugly head again. The AC Delco plug wires appear to be cross firing. So, I made some ghetto wire looms out of zip ties. GRRRR! Also,, had a completely blown front bulb; had to steal one out the 67 cuz it ain't seeing the road anytime soon. #gearheadblues
20190801_173645.jpg 20190801_170251.jpg

The 67 better not be! I still intend to get mine on the road and have relation not too far from you. Of course, I “intend” to do a lot of things but . . . just sayin’

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor