Operation Lipstick on a Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do I second guess myself? The other day, I had Googled the firing order, and got something a little different than what I had. I marked the top of the coils with cylinder numbers, and waited for my new Taylor wires to come in. I get the new wires, put them on, and it wouldn't start.4 or5 tries later, I got it straightened out and back for the attack. I'll fill it up in the morning to check the o-ring on the sending unit, and hopefully, we're back to 100%. Then, I can start dicking around with the EVAP system.
20190806_183746.jpg

Last edited:
I cautiously filled the tank this morning. I stopped at about 14 gallons and it probably had 2-3 in it, so it should have been plenty full. I didn't smell any gas on the way to work; I suppose I got the sending unit sealed correctly this time. However, the splashback has returned; TURNA's suggestion of opening fuel fill vent hole ain't worth 2 sh*ts!!! 😛 The Taylor wires cured my miss and hesitation issues, though. I'll take the small victories for now. Life has backed the manure truck up behind me when I wasn't looking , and unloaded.

GAAAAAAAAHHH! Ran perfect this morning, came out from work, and the miss is back! FAAHK! I got home, let it cool off a little, pulled #1&3 plugs (1 left, 3 right in pic), did a half assed compression test, swapped the 3/6 coil out, swapped 1&3 plugs, and it runs. Pending road testing......
20190807_172356.jpg

Last edited:
icm

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor