Operation Lipstick on a Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, TURNA, they DO look good under the crunched fender!
20191103_121002.jpg

They'd look even better with the shorter, fatter meats on them, but NOOOOOO, I only got 3 of them.
20191103_090550.jpg
And, here's what OPGI 3" drop spring and tall lower ball joints look like on the $200, crew cab Cutlass
20191103_121022.jpg

What's in the Cutlass? Buy a 4th tire, just sayin...

I like how the Cutlass sits!!

• Agree
Reactions: Clutch
The back story is that I got an email Friday saying 4 tires were delivered. I called Saturday to inquire about an alignment after installation, and they tell me only 3 were delivered. I picked up the 3, and they're spoda be shipping #4 replacement.

What's in the Cutlass? Buy a 4th tire, just sayin...
The Cutlass is still 3.8 CCC, but I was there to straighten up electric fan wiring. Get your head around that one! 🤣 I built door panels for 8" in each door, he hooked a bigass Rockford amp up with some take-yo-head-off piezo tweets in the dash, and it rocks.

TECH ALERT!!!!!
Was trouble shooting some noise in a Hugh Jass stereo system today. I found 2 missing grounds that were inducing noise into the stereo. This is a rewired , remote battery scenario with 1/0 on most of the runs. First, upon relocating the battery, he neglected the frame to body ground that is normally on the battery cable lead. That was creating alternator whine. Placed a 10ga from the frame to the body fixed that.
Second was an ignition tick. I haven't heard too many (any) HEI systems making noise, so I zeroed in on that. It turns out that the ground strap from the coil to the module was missing. I fashioned one up, and,BAM, no more ignition tick.

Amazon is spoda be sending a 4th tire to the house. They're actually calling for S@%W Thursday night, so that shoots my Friday install plan. AND, Amazon say the tire won't be in until Friday-Monday. They did credit me for $25, and refund the installation fee since it didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor