Operation Lipstick on a Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.
TECH ALERT!!!!!
Was trouble shooting some noise in a Hugh Jass stereo system today.
Not familiar with that brand. Cousin to John Bigbooteey?
Lizardo.gif

Got the new Falkens mounted today, and they're made at the old Dunlop plant in Tonawonda, NY.
20191108_152331.jpg
20191108_162934.jpg

When I polished the wheels, I knew I would have to go back over them to wet sand the orange peel and get the spots where the old weights were. What I didn't plan on was sanding through the dad blasted clear and f#$%ing it all up....😡 I hate doing sh*t twice!!!!
20191108_162656.jpg

Got the new Falkens mounted today, and they're made at the old Dunlop plant in Tonawonda, NY.
View attachment 127968View attachment 127966
When I polished the wheels, I knew I would have to go back over them to wet sand the orange peel and get the spots where the old weights were. What I didn't plan on was sanding through the dad blasted clear and f#$%ing it all up....😡 I hate doing sh*t twice!!!!
View attachment 127967

NY...................good luck!!!

OK, gents, anyone got a good way to get some heat? This damn thing air cools at highway speeds under 40*F. It was 23 this morning, I used the remote start for a 10 minute warm up, and it still was under the first tick on the gauge- >155*. Chilly ride to work, fo' sho! Once I got into traffic it started to come back up, but not high enough to open the thermostat. BRRRRRRRR!

OK, gents, anyone got a good way to get some heat? This damn thing air cools at highway speeds under 40*F. It was 23 this morning, I used the remote start for a 10 minute warm up, and it still was under the first tick on the gauge- >155*. Chilly ride to work, fo' sho! Once I got into traffic it started to come back up, but not high enough to open the thermostat. BRRRRRRRR!

All these damm 98-2000 GMs do that

it suxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Sad
Reactions: fleming442
Cardboard the grille? My GMT400 trucks used to do that and cardboard over the grille worked well.
I thought about that, however, if the t-stat isn't opening, blocking the radiator might not do much? I think my current plan of attack is to reverse the heater core lines to backflush it. That seemed to work the last time, kinda.

• Wow
Reactions: TURNA
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor