Operation Lipstick on a Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Shoulda coulda woulda, I guess. Main thing is, you were consistent enough to get in the money. That's pretty good for a daily driven frankencar. Besides, you already have a race car. Nicely done.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Shoulda coulda woulda, I guess. Main thing is, you were consistent enough to get in the money. That's pretty good for a daily driven frankencar. Besides, you already have a race car. Nicely done.
Appreciate that. I pi$$ed off a bunch hard-core guys. The tech inspector asked if engine was stock, i said "no", then stuck me in modified. So, I was leaving 6-7 seconds before most of the tubbed cars. They broke out beating me to the stripe, while I was .017 over dial.
The slow 60' is no torque. DBW lag is a real thing, so I had to power brake it enough to get off idle. I was also drilling the tree with a bunch of. 02-03 lights.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
DBW? Would not think it is new enough for drive by wire.

Kennybill

Master Mechanic
Mar 17, 2010
Braceville, Ohio
I wouldn't change anything. Consistency is everything in winning dial in drag races. Most track champs are slower but consistent cars that are dialed in to run their number. Get a weather station and keep a log on weather conditions then sit back and rake in the green. Give up drag racing the 442, it cost green to race the Olds. This car makes you green. Jmo.

Reactions: 3 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
This is a hilarious kick in the balls to people who put actual time, effort, and money into going fast(er).
Yep, you don't have to do any of that to cut a light and know what your car runs.
Kenny, this was more of a quest to see if could do it. It's my main vehicle, so I won't be doing it often. It sure was cool to get my first win, though!

• Winner
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The consistency is super cool and get it is a different economical daily driver, not a 1/4 mile car. Bracket championship material, just thought it would be faster but we know the track shows what our cars really run.

Reactions: 3 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
The tale of the tapes...
Time runs. Somebody blew heater hose between 3&4, so cool down netted a solid tenth out of nowhere.
20200726_150141.jpg

Round 3 was a double breakout, but i was .0045 better. They lied and told me i had a bye in the semi, but 4 cars so I got lane choice. I stuck with the left, cuz that's where I'd been...
20200726_150340.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
This makes me think my junk runs 15 second quarters! I know it makes huge power but I haven't run it, partially for fear of it being slow.

I like the series 2 in your car. It's cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor