Operation Lipstick on a Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Update: another 50 miles or so home, and the oil pressure did the exact same thing. At least it's not worse...
I have to revisit the exhaust. It's better, but still too loud and thumps on the axle tube.
Fingers crossed!
Exhaust noise, especially with hitting pipes can sound like internal engine noise. Without a cat and a glass pack, my 88 Delta 88 was ridiculously loud, I actually put back on the stock muffler. It was a POS an didn't deserve the Oldsmobile name but mechanically the 3800 was good. I am not sure what makes the 3800 so loud, I don't know if my 70S would be as loud with glass packs and it has headers. Get a big as you can fit stock Dynomax Superturbo or Walker Quietflow muffler.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
70 cold idle and hot at rpm, 45ish hot idle..... still a little noisy- starting to sound more like a couple lifters, FIIK!

I got the radio figured out and sounding pretty good for what it is. I can't believe all the features this $80 JVC head unit has! It's a KD-RD88BT: dang thing lets you set speaker size and distance, has USB and Bluetooth, too. I do have 2 complaints, though: the blue lighting is hard to see button function and I can't get the app to work for USB interface. No big deal because I have a bunch of music on a stick, so I just run Pandora over Bluetooth. Haven't stuck a disc in yet.

Reactions: 1 user

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
70 cold idle and hot at rpm, 45ish hot idle..... still a little noisy- starting to sound more like a couple lifters, FIIK!

I got the radio figured out and sounding pretty good for what it is. I can't believe all the features this $80 JVC head unit has! It's a KD-RD88BT: dang thing lets you set speaker size and distance, has USB and Bluetooth, too. I do have 2 complaints, though: the blue lighting is hard to see button function and I can't get the app to work for USB interface. No big deal because I have a bunch of music on a stick, so I just run Pandora over Bluetooth. Haven't stuck a disc in yet.

Pressure is great!

That head unit is a Kenwood in JVC clothes, they are pretty good. I have the actual Kenwood version and it let's you change display colors but if you got the ultra low rent version you might be stuck with the single color.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
:bump: feeling like an attention wh*re today. Love me!:banana:
Awesome, if that was just go pedal, it launches better than my 70S now:(. Of course both my 70S and 88 CSC sound better, although I am partial to the Olds V8 sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor