Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
From what I've read thus far, the air gap intake is superior to most other brands. For me, my stall converter is 2300-2500 with my Voodoo 60103 camshaft's power band going from 1800-6500 rpm. This intake seems to be right in line for what I'm looking for.

What I need opinions on are these two air gap intakes off eBay. One of course is Edelbrocks brand of the intake, the other is an off brand, possibly made overseas, but not sure. The price of the professional products brand has me convinced as it is polished aluminum for roughly $165 while the cost of a satin edelbrock air gap is $220 and $320 for the polished aluminum. So let me know what you guys think. Any noticeable differences you see between the two and if the price would be convincing enough for you.

Professional Products: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SB-SBC-C ... 33551320a0

Edelbrock brand: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Edelbroc ... 45f7a20a3f

I'm using the edelbrock air gap on vortec heads and it went on easy and no leaks....I stay away of offshore stuff

I could understand if this were some plastic piece or a very critical piece of the drivetrain that needs to last. But this intake appears to be same design as edelbrocks, and the cost difference between edelbrock and this offbrand one is simply the cost your paying for the edelbrock name to be on your part.

I love edelbrock, don't get me wrong, but I can't stand when you have to pay extra simply for a name.

patmckinneyracing said:
But this intake appears to be same design as edelbrocks

key word is "appears"...how do think they can put the extra cost into polishing it and then selling it cheaper than the cheapest edelbrock?...and look at the center section bolts. You can buy the edelbrock for the old or newer style heads but the offshore on has saddle washer with elongated holes in the manifold to fit either style. Plus the edelbrock come with the red white and blue sticker that fits right in with an American car. Personally even if I thought I was paying a little extra for the name I wouldn't mind if I knew the money was going in another American's pocket instead of shipping my money offshore.

Pat,
I would go with the Eddy Air Gap and forget about the other one....Like Blake said you get what you pay for and PontiacGP said....go with a name you can rely on.....When it comes to intake manifolds, Eddy ones dominate.....I have the Eddy performer rom intake and I love it 8)

Pat... your going to believe what some stranger says who is trying to sell you the intake?.... :blam:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor