Optima battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I’ve heard this before. Most of the time it’s because the owners do not use a proper trickle charger for an AGM battery or they completely kill the charge and expect it to perform flawlessly after. I personally like the yellow tops better than the red tops. I’ll keep buying them for the Oldsmobile.
Interesting is that the same charger's been maintaining the 2010 Camaro's factory battery and then the die hard AGM without an issue. So I'm not going to buy that the trickle charger did anything it wasn't supposed to. Forgot to add that both Optima warranty replacements also failed early, so at that point I threw in the towel on Optimas. I did get Optimas when they first came out and they were decent. That's why I went back to that well. The other car was daily driven so I don't know why it wanted to fail early. If they work for you, fine. At least some people have had good luck. My luck ran out.

Reactions: 2 users

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013

Jim Rockford

Master Mechanic
Nov 10, 2007
Shelby,N.C.
Yeah optimos were good when they came out but when the company got bought out by one of the major battery manufacturers they quickly turned to sh*t. Project farm over on YouTube just did a test on batteries and the Walmart ones came out ahead simply because they were the best ones for the price there was no sense in buying an expensive battery it's an expensive battery that wasn't as good as a Walmart battery even though Walmart batteries are made by other people lol there's only several there's only a couple of battery manufacturers in the US every year every battery is just relabled a different name.

Reactions: 1 user

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Almost feels like the analyzing of batteries is on par with the analyzing of oil & oil filters, important and interesting but sometimes people dig too deep and over analyze.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor