Original front springs cutting , how much ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carsten

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2009
DORTMUND , Germany
I want to get the front of my 79 Cutlss higher now , because it is to low down... I have original front springs now and just do not want to have that original hight, should be a little lower...
So , how much does it go lower with cutting a half or one coil out of the standard spring ?

Thanks , Carsten

Oregon350Cutlass

Apprentice
Jan 4, 2008
I had to cut 1/2-3/4 coil or so off my stocks to put my suspension back together after my swap.It lowered it around 3/4"-1" I wanna say.You might not be able to tell much from my pics because I have 20's but you take alook and decide.

billyjack

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2009
Western PA
1 inch per 1/2 coil is a good estimate for a G-body stock spring. Your mileage may vary.

Bill

Regal Beagle

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 10, 2008
Calgary Canada
JMO, but I would not waste my time playing around cutting springs. For the cost of a new set of springs that will lower your car it will be a lot less headaches particularly if you are cutting old spring which likely need replacing anyway.
JMO!!! :D

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
i cut .25 of a coil off my regal, didnt do anything, and i do not feel like taking another day putting them back in after cutting more off. just get lowering springs.

Carsten

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2009
DORTMUND , Germany
Regal Beagle said:
JMO, but I would not waste my time playing around cutting springs. For the cost of a new set of springs that will lower your car it will be a lot less headaches particularly if you are cutting old spring which likely need replacing anyway.
JMO!!! :D
Yes... If i woud live in the USA it would not be a problem... But i am over here in germany and the 2 springs will cost me an extra 80 to 100 $ shipping and about 20 to 30 $ tax.... And i need to do it this weekend , because i will go to the strip in 10 days :-( So time is the second problem...

Thank you for the infos !!!!!
Greets , Carsten

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor