Our 79 Monte Carlo- Pro Touring Project

UMI Performance

Master Mechanic
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 9, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
Engine is out. We are removing some engine bay clutter, rewiring and painting before putting the 400 in place. We removed the heater box and we will cover the firewall hole with our heater/AC delete panel.

0308144.jpg

0308141.jpg

0308142.jpg

0308143.jpg

DeltaT

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2010
I found if you remove the glovebox and leave the AC-delete panel off the passenger can change the timing and carb tune while you're driving :lol:

Nice looking car!

Jim

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
looks like your new pipes have a ball and socket collector. The ball and socket works great and never leaks. I'm even had my bolts back off and it just a very slight leak and nice thing is no gasket to blow out so just tighten up the bolts and away I go.

UMI Performance

Master Mechanic
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 9, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
While the motor was out we took a few minutes and designed laser cut clamshells to go with our already popular solid motor mounts. Now we will have a kit with solid motor mounts, new clamshells and all new mounting hardware. Below are a few phone pictures of what we did. Although not on our site yet these are available for anyone interested.

0316141.jpg

0316142.jpg

0316143.jpg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor