Paint or just clear?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
it all depends on what's more important to you.building a car isn't cheap,it snowballs.spending your money making the ride safe/fun/fast etc should come before aesthetics.it's more than presentable now especially that it's an og hurst/olds.not a lot of those around.do all the mechanical first that way you'll get all that pawing over the fenders/pulling the hood off type actions outta the way.where normally if you did the paint body first you'll be flipping out trying to work on it without scratching it.these guys are rite good paint work isn't cheap and cheap work isn't good.I'd rather see the oe paint cleaned up than a half *ss'd respray.especially on that car.
would you rather a car that looks good that goes like a cheetah on bath salts or a nice looking ride that's lack luster when the light changes??

Reactions: 2 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
As you said street/strip, your obviously not leaving it stock (boring). But yes do any mechanics first. Then paint it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Steve 82 Elly

Greasemonkey
Feb 2, 2020
My motto has always been "looking good doesn't help you go faster but, it doesn't hurt"!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
A street strip car with a 307? :unsure: I think most know where I'm going with this..... if you're going to bastardize it with a different motor, the H/O paint won't matter anymore. It's just another Cutlass.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Or, at least looking like it came from the factory... a drop in SBO with all the factory brackets will be leaps and bounds different than a hacked up, CCC delete, SBC or LS conversion done in the name of "speed".

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
So what are you going to do?

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor