Phenolic carb spacers

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
3 port fuel pump and 3 port sender. I'd be willing to bet that the line is there, and dear ol' dad just put a 2 port pump on. Blow it out to make sure it's clear.

Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
As said, your car should be a 3 line from the factory. The Olds RPM intake is 2" taller than stock intake or Performer. Actually most notch the RPM intake 1" down or so. Just more even distribution side to side. One side will always pull more fuel I ran a 1" open spacer and a 1" 4 hole spacer on the Performer intake. With it's small plenum, the 1" open spacer worked really well.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
An open spacer will do the same thing as milling down the center divider. If you can fit the 1/2” open then go for it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Stupidquestionspro

Master Mechanic
May 23, 2019
Tampa Bay Area
There's an additional cause and effect here as well: get the engine to run cooler and the carb/fuel won't be as hot.

Yep intend to do that also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stupidquestionspro

Master Mechanic
May 23, 2019
Tampa Bay Area
As said, your car should be a 3 line from the factory. The Olds RPM intake is 2" taller than stock intake or Performer. Actually most notch the RPM intake 1" down or so. Just more even distribution side to side. One side will always pull more fuel I ran a 1" open spacer and a 1" 4 hole spacer on the Performer intake. With it's small plenum, the 1" open spacer worked really well.

What do you mean notch it I’m confused like the dual plane center divider? Also from what I understand since the RPM has so much plenum volume the 4 hole would be better for it than an open is that correct?

Stupidquestionspro

Master Mechanic
May 23, 2019
Tampa Bay Area
3 port fuel pump and 3 port sender. I'd be willing to bet that the line is there, and dear ol' dad just put a 2 port pump on. Blow it out to make sure it's clear.

Honestly unsure I’ll have to look. I know I have my vent line on the passenger side and then a complete replacement run of 3/8 for the supply line on the passenger side if I still have a return line I’d assume it would be on the drivers side because it was the 3.8 factory. I’ll have to check all that because if the fuel in the bowl will hit the return line instead of dripping into the carb that would be ideal.

Would that help with fuel pressure regulation at all?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
your RPM intake is like this with no notch

007111_v1_3.jpg

this is the RPM Airgap intake that comes with the notch

EDL-7501_SN.jpg

There is a reason Edelbrock notches it so if I were you I'd be notching the intake you have

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor