Possible 1979 w30 purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
It’s funny that I when I was going to cut up the car I was told to save it. Now I said I was going to save it and it’s a rust bucket. You can never win on the internet. I think I’ll go put it up for sale in a silent auction. There’s a lot of valuable hurst parts in it.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Sorry that I offended you.

However, THIS
Car needs to go on a frame rack to pull the quarters and frame. Then it needs rust repair in the 1/4’s, roof, and full floors plus a drivers door. Then it needs almost a full interior, it’s too far gone.
And THIS
08Malibu said:
Forgot that it also needs a trunk, bumpers, and all the lower chrome. Basically the vin tags, engine, and hurst shifter are good
tell me it's a rustbucket.

If it wasn't a Hurst, would you even be considering saving it?

Certainly, it's your choice. I thought I was making a little funny, but obviously, I was wrong.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I think I’ll go put it up for sale in a silent auction. There’s a lot of valuable hurst parts in it.
Not trying to be an a hole... Like what??

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Sorry that I offended you.

However, THIS
And THIS tell me it's a rustbucket.

If it wasn't a Hurst, would you even be considering saving it?

Certainly, it's your choice. I thought I was making a little funny, but obviously, I was wrong.
I took as such. My post wasted tongue in cheek. I wasn’t offended.
When I picked up the car I had zero interest in repairing it but it’s actually been growing on me.

Reactions: 1 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I took as such. My post wasted tongue in cheek. I wasn’t offended.
When I picked up the car I had zero interest in repairing it but it’s actually been growing on me.
That money tree in your back yard better be growing also. Seriouly though. Good luck with whatever you decide to do with it. Just make a decision...

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
That money tree in your back yard better be growing also. Seriouly though. Good luck with whatever you decide to do with it. Just make a decision...
My only reason for keeping it is I can keep it as a long term project and can do the work my self. My boss and our frame guy tell me that these cars pull easy. I know the floors are done for sure but I don’t know how bad the frame is. My biggest obstacle in fixing the car isn’t money, it’s my wife.
I have my Malibu that I can finish quicker. So it’s not like I’d be rushing it. It all depends on what I see when I get under it and poke around closer.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I can't speak for others, but, id assume that those who said save it (like me) haven't changed that opinion (I havent).

Rust bucket is a relative term based on region, experience, and preferences. Fact remains, it is a limited production car, looking around the site there are people who fix worse that are less special, and at the end of the day, you paid for it so whatever you do decide to do you're entitled to - like the guys out there that racked up a couple hundred tho miles on their GnXs.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
The killer for me is the aftermarket t tops. That seriously brings down any value the car had before the rust bondo and bad paint job. I'd grab the only 3 good parts from it and sell it to the nearest dirt track guy. If its growing on you, by all means. But it will be a TON of work. Whatever you choose, we'll be behind you.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Ok so I pulled the car in tonight and I looked closer at it, she’s going to be parted out. If it wasn’t an H/O There would be no question the car needs too much. Between the way the car was butchered and the rust it’s done. I’m going to start stripping it. I pulled the drivers side sub visor and I can see daylight through the windshield.
Damn shame what happened to this car. Hopefully down the line I can get myself a cutlass. I’ve been catching up on Donovan’s oldschool thread and I’ve really become a fan of this body style.

Attachments

• E8FD23D4-F1E6-4521-848E-C4E9E8BFBADF.jpeg
    E8FD23D4-F1E6-4521-848E-C4E9E8BFBADF.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 188
  • 366F3BD1-31D8-493B-91E6-192E8981267D.jpeg
    366F3BD1-31D8-493B-91E6-192E8981267D.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 174
  • 530AF588-3543-4E87-8993-752EBA00C721.jpeg
    530AF588-3543-4E87-8993-752EBA00C721.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor