Post apocalypse G body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Anybody ever seen a Mad Max / zombie apocalypse style G body build? I guess it would be alot like rat rodding. Found one picture of a 1977 Monte Carlo, the poor thing.

monte-carlo-2012-12-21a.jpg

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Not my style but to each their own I guess. Along similar lines, I was wondering what a faux or natural patina would look like on a G. See it so often on older rides now, and I like it in most cases but just not sure it would look good on a g body. Did a search but didn't find much.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Looking at the build blog for this Monte, the bars over the passenger side door are a ad hoc Gullwing door hinge. Also the floors are completely rotted out but don't worry, they put self adhesive CDL, material over the huge holes. :doh:

I would think actually warriors of the wasteland would at least pop rivet scrap metal patches if not weld in patches.

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
I like it. Im assuming it was in pretty rough shape prior, and it beats being sent to the scrap yard. And its not getting huge rims, and crappy paint job.

Reactions: 1 user

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
Not my style but to each their own I guess. Along similar lines, I was wondering what a faux or natural patina would look like on a G. See it so often on older rides now, and I like it in most cases but just not sure it would look good on a g body. Did a search but didn't find much.

Done, like a 50s or 60s rat rod, a g-body probably wouldnt look all that great. Ive seen pictures of plenty of modern cars done in a rat rod style and frankly, it just dont work. The whole rat rod scene grew out of how those cars aged naturally. 70s, and 80s cars, plastics, and paints made them age different.

I suppose it could be done, but a mad max style car fits 70s and 80s cars better then, strictly rat rodding one.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I like it. Im assuming it was in pretty rough shape prior, and it beats being sent to the scrap yard. And its not getting huge rims, and crappy paint job.

I like it too in a way and it does save another car from the crusher which is good. Though I would have welded in new floor pans if they were rusted out that bad.

But that leads to an interesting question, how would you prep a Gbody for the post apocalypse?

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I worked on a tree crew the summer after high school. One logger drove a '66 Chevy K20 he called the Romper Stomper. He slid out on some ice one night and T-boned it into a stout oak tree. He tried to drive it home, but the frame was enough tweaked that, between the locker in the back and the permanent left turn in the chassis, he didn't get more than a mile up the road before he got tired of fighting the wheel. It had about 10 rattle cans of black primer all over it, all different brands, so all different patinas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor