Post apocalypse G body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I would think a El Camino would make a better technical like the Chrysler with the pneumatic dart gun attacking the Mack's tires.

view-from-the-gyrocopter.jpg

Also T tops like the modified Red Monoro make good marauder cars as the passenger can either easily use the roof opening as a gunner position or for boarding rigs. However, since these are highly dangerous movie stunts, it should go without warning not to attempt to reenact such stunts yourself!

DOW23.jpg

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
Trunk of a cutlass is big enough for a turret ;)

Reactions: 1 user

78chevelle

Apprentice
Feb 28, 2017
Medford oregon
I started in motorcycles and there's a style known as cafe racer. Properly done, a cafe racer can be worth 50k on the high end. Unfortunately cafe racer has become synonymous with "I do half assed sh*t work". And it ruined the cafe scene for me. That's how I feel about rat rods. I've seen some dope *ss rat rods that took more work to build than a proper restoration. But the majority seems to throw rat rod out there to cover the crappy work done or $0 invested.

I am however, a sucker for well done trars! Give me a cummins 5.9 77 lincoln town coupe 4x4 and I'll die happy.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
Yeah it seems half the pa builds would fall apart if any sort of apocalypse happened lol

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Mad Max also had a plethora of cheap ripoffs. The most infamous being Warrior of the Lost World starring the Paper Chase guy, which was mocked on Mystery Science Theater 3000 (old 90s show that made fun of bad movies). Still a few of the designs were interesting if poorly executed.

i270426.jpg

dee697b37e368db8c0d833c839207f79.jpg

Of course the best part of Warrior of the Lost World is Megaweapon! the best character in the film.

MegaWeapon3.jpg

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Funny how in most apocalyptic films you never see any vehicles running on wood gas, which is what the Brits used in WW2 to power civilian vehicles, German and j* civilians used it too. However, the film Blade Runner, which is a dystopia film in the near future, has a few background old cars converted to woodgas running along with the futuristic ground cars and flying cars in ground mode.

bladerunner09chryslerimperial2.6167.jpg

i012089.jpg

The machines mounted on the roofs are 21st century woodgas generators.

Here is a real antique wood gas car from WW2.

gas1.jpg

Here is a El Camino powered by wood gas.

woodgas.jpg

Last edited:

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Not my style but to each their own I guess. Along similar lines, I was wondering what a faux or natural patina would look like on a G. See it so often on older rides now, and I like it in most cases but just not sure it would look good on a g body. Did a search but didn't find much.

My DD wagon (in avatar) has a natural "patina" to it. It was repainted in the late 80s/early 90s and spent it's life outside. After I scrubbed all the embedded dirt off of it, it looked a bit more presentable. It has now taken on the streaking very much like the 2 lane blacktop 55 Chevy.

It's funny, because about half the people that talk to me about the car want to know when I'm going to paint it, and the other half gush all over it with "don't ever paint it, it's perfect".

It's a fine line between patina and neglect. My personal taste is to paint the car, but it's going to be a while before that happens.

Reactions: 1 users

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
Yeah I ran into people telling me I should have left the moss on my olds lol

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Found a picture this Regal online.

laur_lex-16-d-gn.jpg

Add zoomies on the sides and larger fog light in the airdam and it would make a decent marauder car in MM2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor