Power Mirror Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Thank you for including p/n's for these gaskets for other cars. I saw that someone else would like to know p/n's for BOP's also. I have a Caballero that I am upgrading with options not originally installed, and power mirrors are on the list.
Problem is for gaskets, finding OEM ones are next to impossible. They may be out there, but tougher to find. Probably can find repros, but not sure how good they are.

For Regal/Cutlass, the sport mirror gaskets are the same for either side. P/N 20215096.

Reactions: 1 user

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
I always assumed the mirror housings are different across the lines, back when I did this swap I even compared 3rd gen f-body ones, 86-87 El Camino and the 86-88 Monte. The housing itself is generally identical but the portion that bolts to the door (not the gasket but the base) I was almost certain differs, at least in the ones I looked at. I just swapped over the internals to my Monte mirrors.

Also I used f-body mirrors for parts/donors, no need to remove the actual glass, you can "pop" the mirrors right off the housing/motor setup and snap them back in place. Makes finding replacement glass and the swap, much easier. I noticed Fiero's had a different style setup, f-bodies were/are more plentiful so I went with those.

Last edited:

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
I just looked the Monte Carlo and El Camino mirrors have the same part number.

Corvette c4 mirrors have a different part number

Don't remember on 3rd f-bodys I want to say the same part number as Corvette.

I have a couple pairs of Monte Carlo mirrors converted over to power if anyone is interested

Reactions: 1 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Or you can be really different and get the "paddle" power mirrors that fold in found on only somewhere between 50-250 early GTA's in the US from 1987, or on all GTA's in Europe from 87-92....I picked up a set years ago in case I want to try it out on my LS, to really give it the full "Euro" treatment. At least they'd be relatively easy to change just hard to find.

Attachments

• Paddle Mirror.jpg
    Paddle Mirror.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 220
  • PaddleMirror2.jpg
    PaddleMirror2.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 220

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
The glass between 3rd gen F-bods and Monte sport mirrors are the same. Don't know about the housings.

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
I confirmed via part number that the Monte Carlo and Fiero housings are the same. From my understanding the F-Body and Corvettes are as well but I have yet to get a set to 100% confirm. If you do get an F-body or Corvette set up and the housing IS different, the motors and all can be swapped right over. The mounting screws are behind the glass though so you'd have to remove to get to them, remove motor and wiring and place in correct housing. If I ever come across an F Body or Corvette set up I will pull and check part number as well for confirmation.

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
Part number for the Corvette is
20287802 pass
20287803 driver

Gaskets

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
This is cool,

I work for Magna North Americas mirror division as a machinist / model maker. So we do this kind of thing every day.

Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
This is cool,

I work for Magna North Americas mirror division as a machinist / model maker. So we do this kind of thing every day.
Then...…...you should model up some G-body electric mirrors to cover every G-body make/model! :)

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor