Ppl talking smack about your gbody cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011
kornball426 said:
I think that Jesse' car (a Monte Carlo) in the first season of Breaking Bad "one of those jag off low riders" as Hank put it... And Jesse being a drug dealer. And the two drug dealers in season two or season three you see a couple times driving that black SS Aerocoupe, hasn't done any favors to the G-body image in a lot of peoples eyes.

Ever notice when Hank is trying to track down Jesse's 4th gen monte, when Tuco kidnaps them, it's reffered to as an 89 Monte Carlo??? :wtf:

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Yeah actually now that you mention it I do remember that, and I remember rolling my eyes. :lol: That show is really good, but there have been a couple of occasions where they just messed up little details like that, that shouldn't have been messed up because they're everyday things. Like the difference between an 89-later and a G-body monte carlo is night and day.

One other thing that irritated me was the one time one of them buys a gun and the guy selling it to him says something like "Oh yeah it's lethal with your standard wadcutter round" another :roll: moment because they were obviously semi jacketed soft points/hollow points... And you don't shoot people with wadcutters, I mean I guess you certainly could but it's not "Standard" and definitely not ideal they're a target bullet designed to cut clean holes through paper. Maybe they figured most people wouldn't know better, and wad cutter sounds kind of cool so they wrote it in the script but it bothered me. :lol:

81 Regal Man

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 11, 2011
Culpeper, VA
Here I actually have earned some respect and turn some heads even though my Regal has some exterior roughness such as the rear and front bumper fills are missing and/or cracked or have holes in them, plus the fact that it is primer black lol. There are always little ricer kids out there with their fart cans that will try to bash me, but I could care less. All of my friends love my car and never get sick of riding in it and they are not embarassed to be around it either. I have had 5 trade offers for my Regal that I paid $500 for. One guy offered me a 1997 Honda Accord for it, another offered me a Caprice with a 5.7 V8 in it, another offered me a Mirage, and the final guy offered me a Integra for it. I glady declined those offers. The most recent offer I have recived was $2,500 for the Regal, but I simply cannot let her go. An antique that runs wihtout issue, but needs a little TLC on the outside for $500 and I am gonna pass that up? Hell no I am not gonna do that. I bought the car and nearly dropped my jaw when I heard the seller say $500 and then I said "Sold to me in the blue shirt" lol. Love my Regal and wouldnt trade it for a Lambo.

Reactions: 1 user

MPac

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2012
New Carlisle, Ohio
When my car was down for 2 months because I was doing a SBC swap everybody talked sh*t about it. Said it was a POS and it's never gonna be running and stuff. Well when I got it on the road I was running open headers and I went to the gas station and got gas, this kid from school who had a s10 with a 355 and the only mod a cam roll up and started saying it was a piece and he wanted to race as stuff and I would get a head start. Well being the drag racer I am and knowing how my motor was built I said okay! :D But I don't know if I'll be able to keep up... :wink: Went over and started her up. His mouth dropped and the girl who was with him came over and asked to go for a ride. He never showed up to race lol.

Lorenzo

Master Mechanic
Mar 28, 2012
Milton Ontario
Re:

78mali350 said:
nobody seems to appreciate it from around sioux city, I go to shows in the surrounding area and am about the only one in my class. Everyone that comes up to it is always like oh yeah well I had one of those so it's nothing special. Or my engine bay isn't the cleanest and the last show I heard someone say "why did they even bother bringing it" I wanted to punch the ***Hole in the face and ask him where his show car was but decided to retain myself. I dunno it gets old to me and for that reason I haven't shown my car much this year at all. Tired of the remarks I get for it, so I just drive it and enjoy it when I can.

I had the same thing happen to me a couple weeks ago at my first car show. People walking by just looking at it for a second and then walked away. Judges just glanced and kept walking. One guy said " Oh my buddy had a couple of these....but crashed all of them" ***hole started to laugh and walk away. God i just wanted to knock him out. Some people were actually interested in my car and some actually knew it was a monte carlo before they even saw the emblem! :D One old guy started talking to me for a good ten minutes saying how he used to have one and how it reminded him of being in high school again! Thats what cheered me up. I know my engine bay aint the prettiest but after that show i went home and went straight for 3 days cleaning it out! And sure its the not the oldest car but it sure as hell is more rare! Just cant wait for the next car show where i can enter!

Attachments

• IMG_0174.JPG
    IMG_0174.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 908

redneckracer305

Greasemonkey
Jun 28, 2005
new milford,ct
been a while since ive posted but this thread caught my eye. most people actually think my 87 ss is nicer and better than i think it is. i mean dont get wrong, i think this is the 5th g body ive owned and is by far the nicest, but it still has issues. but for the most part this is the first one i can go pretty much anywhere and someone is gonna talk to me about it in a positive way. most cant believe i daily drive it, but think its awsome i do and haven conformed to the mold especially since theres a car seat in the back at all times. then when they here that its the only car that my fiance and i own, they look at me real funny, smile and give me that look of you crazy but lucky b*st*rd. another daily is in the works though, might not be g body as much i want it to be,the woman said no more ( we are goin on 6 years of being together and ive pretty much always had a g body). i bought the ss just at the end of winter/start of spring. 2 weeks after i got it i was rearended, well a honda decided to kiss my tail alittle after it locked up the tires in the rain. and a couple weeks ago it decided to relocate itself to the bottom of a hill and onto a stump. there is still question as to how this happened as the b&m shifter i have was in park yet outta park when i found it in the morning, and my brother el camino had almost 1/8th tank of water. so there is the possibility somone doesnt like us or the cars ( and we arent the types of people that typically piss others off). but what im getting at is even with the cosmetic damage that was done, i still get people still telling me how nice it is, thumbs up in traffic, waves from older guys out cruising in there chevelles, novas and such. even had a guy wave to me that was driving a 60s vette, which shocked me. if im talkin to them i always have to say well it was nicer, cause it embarrassing as it sits right now kinda, but the good comments make it alittle better.

twin_euros

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 6, 2011
I never EVER have ppl sh*t talk either of my cuttys. Hell anytime i drive either of them, i get at least 1 offer per day to buy it. My wife hates that but loves drivin them. Especially the v6 car. Took it on a 100 mile road trip to tulsa this past weekend for a car show and got plenty of thumbs up mashin on the turnpike with the tunes cranked up. Even had a guy offer me 2500 for it at the hotel. Said he woulda offered more if it was painted and the ac worked. It overheated 3 times on the way there and we decided to do a radiator flush at 1 of the rest stops and some random stranger came and helped us...

johnson350

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2013
Florida, USA
I know this is kinda an old post, but back when I was in high school last year many people didn't say anyhting about it. It was the oldest car in the parking lot. My friend thinks it's a piece of crap, but whatever. He drives a newer Saturn with all those ignition problems and recalls from GM :D .

But usually out in public my car does turn a few heads, more than I expect. That might be because it's about the only G body Regal for who knows how many miles. Mainly see tons of Elcaminos and Monte Carlos around here and have seen a 4 door Cutlass cruising around.

Once was at a stop light and a guy pulled up next to me in a Prius, rolled down his window and told me how he really liked my car and how he hadn't seen one in years.

rck79supreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 28, 2014
I have had plenty of people talk good about mine and I'm starting to see more G's at the local events. I talked to a guy this last Sat. That had his 87 Monte SS since it was new. You still get people putting their noses up but to each his own. I have had plenty of people pull up put the window down and tell me how nice it is at stop lights and even in the middle of traffic. If they talk smack I don't care its my car and I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor