Primer for a rust free floorboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Por -15 is made to stick to rust . It doesn’t stick well to clean rust free metal . I e seen it peel off clean parts .

as long as you sand the surface first it will bond to it....I used it on my pinch weld which is a combination of metal, rust and paint and with 2 coats of POR 15 before I installed the windshield and there is no leaks

Reactions: 1 users

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
I always wanted to know if it worked like regular epoxy primer. Any complaints using it?
Not yet, but I only used it for the first time this week. sprays nice.

Reactions: 1 user

Gnfanatic

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 24, 2020
Well this is good news because I do not have a spray gun. Hells, I dont even have a air compressor yet in my garage. So I was looking at the aerosol's but was afraid they were junk.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Well this is good news because I do not have a spray gun. Hells, I dont even have a air compressor yet in my garage. So I was looking at the aerosol's but was afraid they were junk.

I look at situations like yours to buy tools to do the job if you have the cash, a compressor will come in handy on alot of projects.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I use this a lot. It is an underwater metals primer. It lasts on outboard motor lower units that are submerged in salt water. I buy the gallon size since I keep finding more and more uses for it. I even paint my trailer with it. It is pretty cheap considering the protection level.
1585271926050.png

Reactions: 2 users

CDUNIGAN1981

Master Mechanic
Mar 15, 2015
I look at situations like yours to buy tools to do the job if you have the cash, a compressor will come in handy on alot of projects.

I bought KBS motor coater because I wanted something I could brush on. Then I found out your couldn't brush metallic. I bought the $10 gun at harbor freight and used a pancake compressor to shoot it.
After I tossed the gun because I didn't want to spend 30 mins and $5 of mineral spirits to clean it! It worked great.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor