project Andy's 84 Hurst/Olds

Status
Not open for further replies.

iameggor

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2011
Montana
Re: project Andy's 84 Hurst/Olds update carb

Hey everyone, here is a little update. I have been working on the covers and am close to having a couple ready to send out, It has been a little crazy with Thanks giving and some family stuff, so I apologize for the slacking.

I did get another part for my car today. A new carb:) An AED 850 HO "holley" can't wait to try it out.

Attachments

• IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 821

cowboyfromhell

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 13, 2010
Detriot ,Michigan
Awesome car. I wish I found them haha I've been following this thread for a wile and it nice to see a true car lover restore a rare car to beyond it's stock capability great job I wish I had the money to restore mine like that but for now it's in heated indoor storage next to a gn and monte as so I'm relived when I know that if somebody breaks in to steal a g body there not gunna take mine

iameggor

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2011
Montana
Re: project Andy's 84 Hurst/Olds update headliner

so I was looking at my headliner today with disgust, so I pulled it out and started removing the nasty, saggy, and faded fabric. I removed all the old foam and started repair a few cracks. With the help from my friend Greg we glued down some new headliner material. Its amazing the difference I can't believe it took me so long to fix it.

Attachments

• IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 685
  • IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 674
  • IMG_0091.jpg
    IMG_0091.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 668

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Hard to believe that came outta ur lovely H/O, good job.

iameggor

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2011
Montana
cowboyfromhell said:
Awesome car. I wish I found them haha I've been following this thread for a wile and it nice to see a true car lover restore a rare car to beyond it's stock capability great job I wish I had the money to restore mine like that but for now it's in heated indoor storage next to a gn and monte as so I'm relived when I know that if somebody breaks in to steal a g body there not gunna take mine

Thanks:) Its good that you have a place to put the car out of the weather. Hopefully you will be able to invest into your car someday, would be nice to have another nice G-body out on the road:)

iameggor

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2011
Montana
84clonewars said:
Hard to believe that came outta ur lovely H/O, good job.

Ha I know... it was trashed same with the visors but they are getting recovered with the same material to match. I will also be redoing the dash, can't stand some of the cracks it has, sun is a killer to cars, not to mention the previous owner didn't take very good care of it before it sat for 10 years.

iameggor

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2011
Montana
so I found out a little more about my car after contacting Judy from H/OCA research library. She found that from my VIN my car is #1329 of the 3500 that were built. It was completed on 1-13-84 and sold to a Gary K. in N. Hollywood, CA. kinda fun to know some of that stuff:)

mn84hurst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 26, 2006
They nice job!! I have a 1984 Hurst (with sunroof 1 of only 215 made) with only 50,000 miles in perfect condition. As you know its not as fast as yours :) You should join the Hurst Olds Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor