PROJECT "LAID BACK" - 1978 CENTURY 2 DOOR AEROBACK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I thought the same thing. I had thoughts of at least tubbing it, and going with 22 x 14" wheels ( not drag style ), and a lowered stance. It would look rad. Now you know how much a Stage 2 with twins would cost, right?? That's out of my budget. Wanna start a go fund me page?? :D:D.
I like the way you think. Unfortunately I know what Buick six cylinder parts cost, but it would be neat. I think a 5.3 with a turbo would probably be the better route. You already have a nice Grand National you don't need another one I suppose. I think this car is going to take shape a lot faster than you planned.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I like the way you think. Unfortunately I know what Buick six cylinder parts cost, but it would be neat. I think a 5.3 with a turbo would probably be the better route. You already have a nice Grand National you don't need another one I suppose. I think this car is going to take shape a lot faster than you planned.
Likewise Zach, I have the same feeling, as I have been searching for the right deal on a LS motor, and researching the parts needed to install it into a GBody. I'm already working on my Week #2 update...

Reactions: 1 user

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
LS, schmelless! Do something different!
Got a Buick 350 motor?? And BTW, it is different for me. It would be my first LS powered hotrod.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I completely approve of all of the irresponsible decisions you're about to make. Carry on.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Shame you're in Houston, there's Buick 350 about 25 minutes south of me.
https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/pts/d/buick-engine/6674006520.html
That would be a great candidate for my swap, but for the price I could buy a LS engine complete, and running along with the swap mounts.
I got a buddy with a 340 Burick on a stand- $500. When you coming up?
A little old school ( 66-67ish) for me, and parts probably aren't cheap, if they're even available.
I completely approve of all of the irresponsible decisions you're about to make. Carry on.
That statement might be as good as my thread title, LOL:giggle:

Again.. all comments are welcomed. It's just the cost of an LS, availability of parts, reliability, and potential power = winner for this car. BUT no trigger has been pulled, so I may have a change of heart, but a good priced Buick 350/455 would have to fall into my lap, for that to happen.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Someone say Buick 350?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor