BUILD THREAD Project long time coming

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Wow, thank you very much. I'm sure like most of you I'm never really happy with where it currently is. There is always something that I need to do, want to upgrade etc. The pic came out great. It's truly a 20 footer at best. Needs to be stripped to bare metal then quality bodywork and paint. Not sure if it will ever end LOL

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Another shot :)

IMG_20180706_062136.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 18 users

abadwillys

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2016
NY
Car looks great man, I like everything about it, Nice Job

and you get to have some fun driving it this summer, smiles for miles!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Very tastefully done Malibu. I like the subtle two tone effect...and everything goes nicely together.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Wow, thank you very much. I'm sure like most of you I'm never really happy with where it currently is. There is always something that I need to do, want to upgrade etc. The pic came out great. It's truly a 20 footer at best. Needs to be stripped to bare metal then quality bodywork and paint. Not sure if it will ever end LOL
Mine is a 20 footer too! If it was too nice you would be scared to drive it. I love the look of your car it is spot on. Now drive the crap out of it.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Wife and I went out for some Chinese buffet in the next town over so I drove the Malibu. Few little issues are coming up now that I'm getting some miles on it but really nothing major in the grand scheme of things.

First the clutch is starting to slip a little. It was a just a Napa stock replacement and they aren't bad to do. Plus with the power I added I'm not surprised. Well that and I'm driving so gently of course... LOL it'll get me by for this year.

Second and it concerns me a little more is the exhaust. I'm running a complete cat back system from Flowmaster for a Buick GN. Single transverse muffler, dual in, dual out. Makes for awesome ground clearance especially on a lowered car. My problem is that the muffler has rotted out internally. No external holes, but no baffles anymore. So it's loud. Very loud. Plus drone, and what's left of the baffles rattle around at times and of course sounds like crap. I can't fit two mufflers under the car and still have ground clearance. I called Flowmaster today and they no longer make they system, or even the muffler... All my pipes are like brand new. I almost feel like taking the muffler off, cutting it open, and seeing if I can duplicate it. I work with stainless steel at work. We have a 100 ton cnc press brake, shear, even a cnc punch press I could use I know I can make a box and make the pipes fit, what I don't want is a raspy, noisey, drone laden, stainless steel muffler. That won't do me any good.

Thoughts or ideas?

Reactions: 1 user

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
I was going to recommend the Camaro dual in/dual out that mounts there but it looks like the Grand National muffler is it's own animal as to how the exhaust goes in. I'd replace the Flowmaster myself, I've never had one that didn't have drone.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
The problem is there isn't a muffler made that style. I have no choice :/

I actually called a local custom shop. There main business is custom stainless exhaust. Waiting g for a call back. We shall see....

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor