BUILD THREAD Project Olds Cool (Recognition!!)

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Turned out really nice. What is left on this car to get it finished?

Thanks Christian.

All that’s left is everything.
I kid of course, but sometimes it feels like that. Over the course of the winter, it’ll be a virtual repeat of last year with the emphasis on completing the same work on the driver’s side door and fender. The hood will need a little attention too, but most of that will be stripping all the old paint off.

Other than that, the AstroRoof will need to be revisited and the old seal reinstalled, but that should wrap up the bulk of the work. Once all those things are addressed, the car will need to be stripped down to its bare bones and receive a full block sanding in 220, 320, 400 and 600, but that should go fairly quickly providing there’s not a ton of reworking the bodywork and repriming.

Then paint! I’m aiming for it to hit the booth sometime around late spring next year.

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
If you click on them you see what they are, I was just kidding because it seems like ours have done that recently but then again sometimes they are a bit:wax:

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
All the hours and work I’ve put in, and the discussion is all about giphy’s??
:wtf:

Lol

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 9 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
So much WIN!!! Awesome work as always man.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
As always, it looks great, Donovan. Look forward to seeing outside in the daylight.

Thanks Mike!
I’ll be trying my best to make that happen, it’ll be a bit of a race against the clock to get it done before dark, but if it takes a little extra time, then so be it. Don’t wanna rush it at this stage just for the sake of a couple pictures.

Hi Donovan, WOW, outstanding finished result as usual. You showed us mere mortals AGAIN just how important the prep is. (y)(y)

Thanks Brian, it’s very much appreciated!
I’m a mere mortal as well, I think there was just a little luck on my side that night. Doesn’t matter, I’ll take it, especially after all the struggles I’ve been through with this trim lately.
It just feels great to be able to close this chapter finally and put it behind me.

Now maybe I can get back to concentrating on the larger panels again.
Thanks for the praise.

So much WIN!!! Awesome work as always man.

Thank you very much Jared!
You’ve always been in my corner and given your support at every turn, good or bad, and I sincerely appreciate that. Thanks for all your likes, comments, and support over the years. You’re a real asset to everyone here and I for one am thankful for it.

Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor